Key set

-

Twotone22

Reaction score
I just got robbed at the parts store that I work at and the thief took ALL of my keys including the ones to my '69 dart. Before I call the locksmith and have new keys made for all 4 keys the car needs (door, ignition, trunk and gas), is there a set that I can buy to replace them all with one or two matching keys?

I just got robbed at the parts store that I work at and the thief took ALL of my keys including the ones to my '69 dart. Before I call the locksmith and have new keys made for all 4 keys the car needs (door, ignition, trunk and gas), is there a set that I can buy to replace them all with one or two matching keys?

Tell us what happened?

Door locks and ignition should be one key, the trunk another key and the locking gas cap won't be like anything else. The ignition lock is 1969 only. I would have the entire car rekeyed just so the theives can't just get in the car and drive away.

In the set I had the ignition and doors were two separate keys. Then the trunk and the gas. I realize there's no way of getting around the gas cap. (shouldn't have mentioned the gas cap in the first place.) I was just wondering if I could get a set with the other 3 locks using the same key.

Im pretty sure i have a new ignition with keys if you want to go that route??? That way the thief cant start your car with the stolen keys.....

Well... The thief from the robbery stole my car (the Honda) from my house last night. It was used in another robbery, in a pursuit with police and the crashed into a pole. The car is totaled and the yard wants $500. My employers refuse to even entertain the thought of helping to cover the costs even though it all stems from the robbery at my store. Is there any recourse or just advice for me or should I just chalk it up as a loss?

Sorry to hear, maybe talk to a lawyer?? But if they stole the keys to your house would you have changed the locks....YEP....so why wouldnt you change them on the cars?? Did they catch the ***-clowns?? See if the lawyer can start a lawsuit against the crooks.

Sorry to hear, maybe talk to a lawyer?? But if they stole the keys to your house would you have changed the locks....YEP....so why wouldnt you change them on the cars?? Did they catch the ***-clowns?? See if the lawyer can start a lawsuit against the crooks.

The keys were changed on the dart already and on the house. The locksmith was going to come today to re-key the Honda. (a new tumbler was going to be $200.00) I've resorted to taking the coil wire out of the Dart and am now looking to move. Sigh.

-
Back