keys locked in car...

-

super_limey

Reaction score
well i just managed to lock the keys in my dads 1974 cuda; how do i get them out? without him knowing....

thanks for the help :| well any other suggestions.. like the coat hanger thing? how does that work?

The best thing to do is fess up! I know if my son came to and told me he screwed up I would be mad, but not as mad if he hid it from me and I found about it later. OH BOY!!! You would really be in trouble then.

What were you doing screwing around with his car in the first place?

how the heck do you lock the keys in the car?! all our cars you have to lock the doors with the keys, but I dunno what to do to help, just fess up, your dad probably has a spare key.

well ok... i am not allowed to touch his car and its just sitting in the garage so i wanted to go in it and i found the keys...i got in... then i have them in the ignition.... then i heard my dads car pull up si i just locked the door and got out getting over excited, no i cant fess up... my dads a prick and would probably hit me if i did and ive already been in **** for bugging him about that car..... so as a last resort... call a towing company? http://freewebs.com/n00b_illion/duster.jpg thats the car :)

Must have power locks!!! Use a slimjim. Locksmith might have one and know how to use it.
I'd fess up first and offer to pay for the locksmith.

A couple of things, first... that's not a duster! The picture is titled duster.jpg but that clearly is a big fish!

Secondly, how many times has your dad told you to stay the heck away from the car! I am sure he has good reason to keep you from it especially in light of your recent F*&% up.

Thirdly, I hope you didn't go at it with a coat hangar and screw up the door seals.

Lastly, You've probably told him by now or he's found out and you've taken your beating, if that's truly the case. If, indeed, your dad is really a prick and whoops your a$$ for your bonehead mistakes, you better pray he doesn't read this thread. The only thing worse than thinking your dad is a prick, and not saying to him directly, is telling the whole internet community and having him discover it while researching a problem with his car.

My advice to you, if your interested in the car, is to get off your backside, clean the garage, shine up the car and show some initiative and willingness to get your hands dirty. If he comes home and finds the car shining clean and the garage ready, instead of the keys locked in the car while in the ignition, he may be willing to get you involved in the build-up/resto.

If I sound hard on this point it's just because I see a disturbing trend of kids expecting everything handed to them. They want the car but don't want to spend the time to build it and put some elbow grease into it.

Good luck and show some initiative.

Joe

I leave the keys in My Duster in the garage all the time so as I don't ever loose them. I think my kids both know they can come to me, but don't hide anything because I will find out, and that always makes it worse. I know when they have friends over, they all stay out of the garage so as nothing will happen to any cars that are in there.

first i would like to say what the other here have already said. tell your dad second i am glad to see all said the same thing and no one told you how to get those keys and the reason i say this is because most people on the internet have probably never met and most likely won't so with that said and no harm intended here it would have been awful had the people on this sight offered information that could lead to someones car being stolen.thinking they were helping some one i hope all understand what i'm tring to get across here because most people are honest but there are always a few who aren't

GO DART said:
don't you have a kid sister to blame stuff on? (lol)

Funny-Above.gif

Ask a criminal?

Seriously call a tow truck or a lock smith. Unless you have a slim jim your screwed.

It'll cost ya though even though the guy will unlock the car in seconds flat, hell even I can slim jim things at the dealership easy. They might ask for proof of ownership though.

i had a slimjim but i dont know what happened to it... o well, i will call the locksmith again anyways... cause i already did once but he just got out of surgery so he was un able to come. That was like 5 months ago and i kinda forgot about the keys...

dang i remembered reading this post A LONG TIME AGO, mainly cause of the problem and the whole dads a prick, then bam its up for discussion again. Yeah i cant image what would happened if i did that to one of my dads cars(when they are restored) ouch, but it would work out, how is the car coming?

I can feal you on the locking the keys in the car,its not the greatest move of all time and we have all done it.This happen just this week to the wife ,but in a different way.My wife is a tall blonde and called me on the cell phone just about crying to help her out,and I meen help her out.She had manages to lock the doors and could not find the keys.I thought,I will bring the other set,NO problem.The problem was,she was lock in the car and the keys where in the door lock,Mrmopartech

Mrmopartech said:
I can feal you on the locking the keys in the car,its not the greatest move of all time and we have all done it.This happen just this week to the wife ,but in a different way.My wife is a tall blonde and called me on the cell phone just about crying to help her out,and I meen help her out.She had manages to lock the doors and could not find the keys.I thought,I will bring the other set,NO problem.The problem was,she was lock in the car and the keys where in the door lock,Mrmopartech
:silent: woah that would suck!! off the the rescue, wow how do you explain that one

-
Back