KH spindle w/late rotors

-

onelapduster

Reaction score
Another member has a full brake setup in the for sale section. In the ad they are using 70-72 spindles with and adapter inner bearing that allows the use of later rotors. Id like to know what bearing this is, and if I can truly use later rotors on my KH spindles.

While im on that subject, KH spindles, can i also use later lower ball joints on these spindles?

Hmm. Either there isnt an answer or this is new? Im researching if Timken has an outer cup with dimensions for a set 17, but with set 6 internal dimensions. Seems easy enough. Maybe ill call them in the morning if no one responds here.

BINGO. And google for the fail. Looking at the specs for the set 6 and 17 bearings, it appears that you could mix a set 6 cone with a set 17 cup. But thats not very economical.

Well this explains a lot. If you read http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

He talks about getting rid of the two piece rotor and using a one piece.

I don't get the 70-72 Spindle though, I thought they were all the same 65-72? The only reason I ask is I just did a brake conversion on my 64 Barracuda and I really don't like it much they are 76 dodge dart calipers, they are way to big I needed a spaced and had to grind some material down.

Where was the add for the adapter for the bearing?

Well this explains a lot. If you read http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

He talks about getting rid of the two piece rotor and using a one piece.

I don't get the 70-72 Spindle though, I thought they were all the same 65-72? The only reason I ask is I just did a brake conversion on my 64 Barracuda and I really don't like it much they are 76 dodge dart calipers, they are way to big I needed a spaced and had to grind some material down.

Where was the add for the adapter for the bearing?

Those are for 70 -72 B and E spindles. I'd use one, 65-72 K-H small bolt pattern setup, or the other, 73 up A or E large bolt pattern set up. I would not mix and match between the two.

Those are for 70 -72 B and E spindles. I'd use one, 65-72 K-H small bolt pattern setup, or the other, 73 up A or E large bolt pattern set up. I would not mix and match between the two.

Exactly!!!

Those sleeves Dr. Diff sells are for B/E bodies only, not the KH disk spindles. The A-body spindles are different, and those sleeves will not work. 70-72 B/E bodies did not have KH disks, they used disks that were 2 pieces, but were otherwise almost identical to the 73+ parts. The calipers were actually the same as the 73+ parts (I'm still using the original calipers on my Challenger with 73+ spindles and 11.75" rotors). The only difference with the 70-72 B/E body spindles was the slightly smaller spindle diameter at the inner bearing. The 70-72 B/E rotor was exactly the same as the 73+ rotors with exception of the inner bearing and 2 part construction.

I wonder what locks the Dr Diff sleeves to the spindals? You sure would not want those sleeves to spin.

No, you wouldn't want them to spin. But, the bearing rides on the sleeve. The only way the sleeve would spin is if the bearing has more internal resistance than the sleeve to spindle interface, which shouldn't happen if the bearing is in good operating condition and the spindle nut isn't over-torqued.

Maybe Cass will chime in, although if you really wanted to know you could just email him through his site.

-
Back