Kick down ajustment on tf 727

-

yeah

The gang’s all here
Reaction score
Hey guys I recently pulled my Trans out and go it rebuilt cause it was busted. Also when I did pull it I noticed that my kick down linkage was messed up . I bought a new kick down cable from lokar and instaled the trans. I'm wondering if anybody knows how to properly adjust the kick down on a 727????? If anybody could provide any info that would be awesome . Thanks

Hey guys I recently pulled my Trans out and go it rebuilt cause it was busted. Also when I did pull it I noticed that my kick down linkage was messed up . I bought a new kick down cable from lokar and instaled the trans. I'm wondering if anybody knows how to properly adjust the kick down on a 727????? If anybody could provide any info that would be awesome . Thanks

This is the stop you set the throttle pressure with to control the
kickdown.

You should see a small gap, maybe 1/16" or so to start with. Take it for a drive
after setting and adjust from there. After your first adjustment you will
see which way you need to position the stop. I worded it this way because I
don't remember exactly which way to go with it.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Kickdown (Medium).jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 2,917
Hey , thanks for the response. Ok so I start with a gap of 1/16 from the plastic lokar thing that mounts to the throttle bracket and the stop. Then I go for a drive right ? Cause that's what was I really confused about , do I pull on the cable so that shift lever on the Trans moves and then I set the stop or do I just leave it how it sits and ajust the stop on the cable. Sorry this might sound confusing but I'm trying my hardest to make sense.

Hey , thanks for the response. Ok so I start with a gap of 1/16 from the plastic lokar thing that mounts to the throttle bracket and the stop. Then I go for a drive right ? Cause that's what was I really confused about , do I pull on the cable so that shift lever on the Trans moves and then I set the stop or do I just leave it how it sits and ajust the stop on the cable. Sorry this might sound confusing but I'm trying my hardest to make sense.

You need to have some free play before your throttle is engaged.

Do not pull on the cable. Set the stop with approx. 1/16" free play while
the cable is at rest. I never look at what is happening at the tranny
when adjusting the stop.

Check out the visible gap in my pic...a little more than 1/16"
Mine works fine with that gap.

Ok I understand what your saying now . My kick down cable is set way to loose . Ill do what your saying and see where that takes me. Thank you so much for the info and also for the pictures . That helped a lot in understanding it .

Ok I understand what your saying now . My kick down cable is set way to loose . Ill do what your saying and see where that takes me. Thank you so much for the info and also for the pictures . That helped a lot in understanding it .

Anytime I can help. Also if anyone has more info for yeah, please chime in.

I just installed the Lokar kickdown cable and the inside cable will not reach the carb linkage, if i cut the cable sleeve will that make the inside cable reach where I need to hook it up to the carb? I hope I am making since to you.

KD-linkage is set with the throttle at max opening.The linkage should be pulled put max aswell this way.
Then finetune the shiftpoints and shiftquality during some testdrives.

-
Back