Kick down servo pin?

-

Crazy4408pac

N. Michigan
Reaction score
Had a leaky trans pan. Took it to my mechanic, who said he couldn't seal the pan because of the gasket surface was not flat anymore and he couldn't get it flat enough , to seal all the way. So I ordered a new pan. He also mentioned that the kick down servo pin was leaking and could fix it when he puts the new pan on.

Exactly where is this pin and how could he tell it was leaking. Also, what does it do?
Thanks

I'm no trans expert, but I think he's talking about the pivot pin for the low/reverse lever. The pin has an "O" ring on it that seals it.to remove the pin, you take the pan off. Then the tail housing has to come off. It retains the pin. This was leaking on my 64 Sport Fury. Took forever to find it. Easy fix. Might want him to change the 2 seals on the shifter pivot shaft while he's in there.

If remember correctly there is two bands and servos. The front one I believe it the kick down, and the one in the back is for low and reverse. The back one is only used when in reverse or when you manually put into first gear. The servo also has a pin in the middle of it that applies the band, so he could be referring to any of these.

The low reverse one is the only one that has to seal to the outer case with an O ring to prevent leaks.

Ask your mechanic. There are 3 points where it could leak for the 2 different servos/bands. The apply level pin has a threaded plug behind the converter, and it also has a threaded adjuster on the driver's side by the gear selector linkage, and the one mentioned for the reverse band apply level pivot(which has orings as mentioned)

-
Back