Kick Start My Duster?????

-
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1975 plymouth duster with a 318 and a 904 trans. When i try to start it sometimes it cranks and sometimes it doesn't, but if you kick the floor pan it will crank. I believe it is either a nss or or a loose linkage. what do you all think?
Thanks

I have had several that wer just like that,might be bad starter relay,don't know but may come in handy with a date one day

Hi, I have a 1975 plymouth duster with a 318 and a 904 trans. When i try to start it sometimes it cranks and sometimes it doesn't, but if you kick the floor pan it will crank. I believe it is either a nss or or a loose linkage. what do you all think?
Thanks

If the starter doesent turn at all, I would say the neutral safety switch. Sounds like when you kick it, it gets a connection.

...Bubba

The first thing I'd check is the ground between the back of the passenger side head and the firewall.

Next time it does act weird I'd wiggle the transmission linkage to see if the NSS is touchy. Also check all your connections at the starter relay, firewall etc. Something is open somewhere in the starter circuit.

yea does sound like the connection, guess you have to check around the area. Either that or do the Fonz and go "EHHHH!" when you kick it

-
Back