kickdown again

-

tony lucckino

Reaction score
HI guys, Here is where I'm at.....66 b'cuda 273/ 904 mild shift kit, I'm told/ 8 3/4 .... Holley 1460 600 cfm vac sec elect choke.. 1'' fenolic riser. 3 pc kd linkage. After count less adjustments with the manual and without and fussin around the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are acceptable but I can't get a 3-2 down shift.With WOT the TPS at the trans is back but NOT against the stop, ALMOOOOST. It seems to take a considerable amount of force to peg it against the stop. My question is...MUST it absolutely be back against the stop in order to get a 3-2 downshift?????? and does it normally take a lot of force to peg it??? Can you get a down shift without being back all the way? I was told that the shifts were great and the 3-2 down shift was there with the original CARTER no fenolic riser and the original carb rod in the linkage. I presently have the slotted carb rod. THANK YOU ALL. I love this forum

Tony , Remember, pre 70's torqueflites don't have part throttle kickdown and at certain speeds will not kickdown 3-2. at slower speeds it will go 3-1..When I put a non stock intake and 4 bbl on my poly 318 I had to do some (Lots) of trial and error to get it to work proper. It's been awhile but I don't think the lever when is at full throttle will be be tight against the stop.Close but not bottomed out.That's if you have a 66 tranny.

-
Back