Kickdown and shift linkage questions/pics

-

dkbug

Reaction score
Looking to install a B&M shifter into my car this weekend. Now to do so, I will need a few things to reference off of. Where exactly did you guys mount the shifter at on the transmission tunnel? Also, how did you route the shift cable from the shifter to the shift linkage on the transmission?

Anyone have a picture of how the kick down cable mounts to the transmission along with how the shift cable mounts as well?

This will be the first time I install either one of these and seeing as how I am younger than some of you more experienced members, I will need a bit of info on adjustment for both pieces.

Thanks in advance,
Dakota

couple of issues here
first of, if you don't tell us what you are working on (and buckets or bench) someone is bound to tell you their crystal ball is at the shop

does the B&M shifter come with a kickdown cable ?
or is that a separate mod you are doing at the same time?

did you buy the shifter new?
it didn't come with instructions?

The TP rod stays actuated by the carb linkage as normal.
All you are doing is making a cable move your shift linkage arm on the trans.
Tunnel mounting position is wherever is comfortable for you that it doesn't contact the dash or seat.

I routed my cable to follow the floor pan up under where the headers meet the block and then looped back down to the trans using as little flexing of the cable as possible.
Then I tied it to the starter to keep it off the headers.

-
Back