Kickdown Lever - Locking in Place

-

72Duster440

Reaction score
Just a quick question. My buddy lost second gear in his trans so I am letting him borrow my 727 that was laying around. His was a manual valve body, mine is not. He doesn't have the linkage for the kickdown installed, since it wasn't needed on his trans.

Can he just wire the kickdown lever on mine back all the way and run full pressure all the time?

Just a quick question. My buddy lost second gear in his trans so I am letting him borrow my 727 that was laying around. His was a manual valve body, mine is not. He doesn't have the linkage for the kickdown installed, since it wasn't needed on his trans.

Can he just wire the kickdown lever on mine back all the way and run full pressure all the time?
It'll probably shift into high about 100 and it will have really harsh down shifts that could hurt the transmission, so no I wouldn't do it.

That was my other thought, he is sending his trans back to A&A for a rebuild, not sure if he'll have it available or not.
Then he should probably just wait for his transmission.

Agreed, just trying to find a way to finish out the cruising season. He likes to take his grand kids for cruises in it.

FB_IMG_1690595264580.jpg

-
Back