kickdown linkage

-

Jon Melhuish

74Duster
Reaction score
can anyone help me with this linkage problem.........i have installed the kickdown linkage on my duster....adjusted it so the car seems to be shifting well.......my problem is the linkage is stopping the travel on the throttle lever . I cant seem to have good tranny shift and full throttle at the same time...what am i doing wrong

727 TRANSMISSION ...QUICK FUEL TECHNOLOGIES 750 CARB

Thanks Jon

The linkage should be set so the arm on the transmission is all the way to the rear with the throttle wide open at the carb. Yours sounds too long.

Do you have a shift kit installed? What is your line pressure in the trans? How many miles on it?

Does your setup adjust from the top rod or the rod that is parallel to the firewall? As green1 mentioned, pics would be helpful.

The linkage should be set so the arm on the transmission is all the way to the rear with the throttle wide open at the carb. Yours sounds too long.

Do you have a shift kit installed? What is your line pressure in the trans? How many miles on it?

i have a b and m shift kit on a freshly built tranny ( 200 miles )......not sure of the line pressure

o.k ............ I made the rod almost as short as possible and the car is not shifting properly , i'm in 3rd almost right away.

Now I start gradually adjusting the linkage untill it shifts right and I cant get full throttle

any thoughts

You need a higher rpm governor weight package. Shift kits in general raise the line pressure which in turn raises governor pressure and causes it to shift too soon. The governor is located within the tail housing mounted to the tail shaft.

-
Back