Kickdown

-

amcervantes

Reaction score
I currently have a 94 5.2 and I have a 904 im going to use with it. Im running megasquirt and using the orginal throttle body. Has anyone gone over how to use the kickdown linkage for the trans. Ive looked but everything seems to be for a carb.
Thanks

a '94 5.2 or 5.9 would have used a a500 or a 518. both of those would have used a cable detent system. so the meaga squirt just being an efi controler, the original throttle body should still have the levers on it. hook up the 904 like you were using the a500.

Yup, if you're running the stock throttle body it won't be a problem. I set up a Lokar kit on my buddy's efi Dakota who is running a 727 and it was easy peasy.

Here's the Bouchillion setup that I use
It has all the correct ratios & is really easy to adjust
It fits carbs,TBI every thing & every engine Mopar makes
SAM_3658_zpsea62659e.jpg

So do I need to flip the throttle body around so the levers are on the left side. Right now they are on the right. I'm getting ready to install it in my duster. Any pics would help out a lot. Thanks

You don't have to flip the throttle body if you use:
Stock magnum engine bracket.
Stock magnum kickdown cable.
Stock trans kickdown lever and bracket from an a500 series trans.

The kickdown cable runs down the passenger side, routes over the top of the trans, then curves around to the drivers side from behind and pulls on the trans lever rearward. Just as the carb linkage pushes the lever rearward when the throttle opens.

View attachment TV_CABLE.jpg

It will bolt right up to where the old kickdown lever was on the trans.

The kickdown adjustment is then done on the engine side of the cable with a little plastic clip that holds the cable to the plastic retainer that clips into the bracket.

Of course the new cable is called a TV ( Throttle Valve ) cable

-
Back