Killing me

-

Steve welder

Reaction score
Its not the money at all. I had the hardwood floors done as well as painting and staining and had all the furniture put in the garage
The guys are coming today to put it back in the house.....Im 70 and still strong enough to pick the heaviest piece up but my knees, specifically the left one is bad, bone on bone, getting a replacement soon. I have trouble on the steps just going up and down, let alone carrying a couch
Sucks to get old .....the bride says whats the problem just pay the guy, I say it's a sad day for me when I cant move a few rooms of furniture

Its not the money at all. I had the hardwood floors done as well as painting and staining and had all the furniture put in the garage
The guys are coming today to put it back in the house.....Im 70 and still strong enough to pick the heaviest piece up but my knees, specifically the left one is bad, bone on bone, getting a replacement soon. I have trouble on the steps just going up and down, let alone carrying a couch
Sucks to get old .....the bride says whats the problem just pay the guy, I say it's a sad day for me when I cant move a few rooms of furniture

Father time is undefeated Steve. I've really tried to get the right gear for the job as I age. Things I could grunt through before I now use a lift or a hand truck to move. Work smarter not harder right? Take care of yourself and don't worry about paying for the work. I don't mind flipping some bucks to someone who is making calluses to earn a living for themselves. :thumbsup:

Steve, look forward to being much better when you get the replacement and physically therapy finished.
I had my left knee replaced coming on two years ago. It not only stopped the left knee issues but helped the right knee that i was having shots to a point i thought it needed replaced also. But not now.
I'm not going to kid you about the physically therapy, it's tough but push thru it and you'll be much better after.
Good Luck and stay strong, Steve

I hear ya brother. I take my car in to have something done that I did, laying on my back years ago. It brings a tear to my eye, and wallet. I don't fight it anymore because I'll wake up with more pain than the cash is worth. My back pain because of arthritis has taught me I'm not the invincible kid I was decades ago. A smart man knows his limitations Steve.

Father time is undefeated Steve. I've really tried to get the right gear for the job as I age. Things I could grunt through before I now use a lift or a hand truck to move. Work smarter not harder right? Take care of yourself and don't worry about paying for the work. I don't mind flipping some bucks to someone who is making calluses to earn a living for themselves. :thumbsup:
I packed it in last March, had one guy left I worked for, I was having trouble making the day.... Last summer I knew it was getting time....It was 95 out and humid, I was welding outside busting *** and by lunch I could only work 20 minutes and had to take a break,,,,gator aid water washing my face...My heart was racing like I ran a marathon
was getting dizzy,,,I pushed and finished but I didn't have the strength to clean up....I sat down and couldn't get up...I called my son to help me clean up and of course he just had to tell his mother
All hell broke loose when I got home,,,,I hardy slept as I was up with cramps in my legs....In the mourning I knew it was time
That was the first time in all theses years that happened to me
I did work two Saturdays ago for a guy who kept me busy for some years, im tight with him....I brought a younger guy whom I teach, but still by the end of the day my legs ached
Well I had a good run and im still wrenching in the garage on a 48 CJ2A, love them old flat fender Jeeps
Its not the money, I actually enjoy paying guys that work hard and do a good job, I hired outfit to paint and hang paper
I bought those guys coffee, bacon egg sandwiches and lunch and tipped them well. Its just like you said about Father Time

74. I tell the cardiologist I have little strength, getting worse. Come to find out, about 8% of the population, Statin drug can cause such. Off it till>>>/??
He says I just have to keep moving and stay active. My joints don't hurt, but either knee can fold up if I step wrong. Go down light a brick, bigger brick. Bout knocked my brains out a few times.
Triple bypass 5 years ago.

Horse trainer friend had a knee replaced while back. He was back saddle in 2 or was it 3 weeks.

I packed it in last March, had one guy left I worked for, I was having trouble making the day.... Last summer I knew it was getting time....It was 95 out and humid, I was welding outside busting *** and by lunch I could only work 20 minutes and had to take a break,,,,gator aid water washing my face...My heart was racing like I ran a marathon
was getting dizzy,,,I pushed and finished but I didn't have the strength to clean up....I sat down and couldn't get up...I called my son to help me clean up and of course he just had to tell his mother
All hell broke loose when I got home,,,,I hardy slept as I was up with cramps in my legs....In the mourning I knew it was time
I did work two Saturdays ago for a guy who kept me busy for some years, im tight with him....I brought a younger guy whom I teach, but still by the end of the day my legs ached
Well I had a good run and im still wrenching in the garage on a 48 CJ2A, love them old flat fender Jeeps
Its not the money, I actually enjoy paying guys that work hard and do a good job, I hired outfit to paint and hang paper
I bought those guys coffee, bacon egg sandwiches and lunch and tipped them well. Its just like you said about Father Time

Ok, that’s FUNNY. You boy did you right. Rather than fighting with you he stuck his momma on you!!! Then he got to stand back and let her kick some ***.

Great move on his part. No sense ending up dead just to prove you can.

Plus, it sounds like his plan worked.

I feel your pain brother. Moved out of my old place by myself, loading a 26 ft Uhaul in mid summer and unloaded it into a storage unit in a day. When I got back to the Uhaul parking lot as soon as I got out of the truck the cramps took me to the ground. (Pretty funny at midnight, laying in a dirt parking lot while cars drove by on the main road. Managed to get myself to my truck and drag-*** home.

When the new place was ready.... (836) 626-#### College Hunks... I pointed they moved. Best dollars I spent through that whole process.

Budget more time to get things done. How's that Toby Keith song go? :thumbsup: You got a lot of mileage left.

-
Back