Kinda nervous....

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
But not really. As some of you know I recently got Rex the Scamp finished up and on the road. Now of course the wifey thought it looked like a "Grammacar" when she first saw it (that changed!) but my son liked it from the beginning. So I got a few days and roughly 100 miles +/- of driving in it and I had to leave for work. Well I knew the time was coming, but tonight he called and asked if he could take it for a cruise with his friend (girl). Of course I said he could, after he checked the oil, coolant etc. But I don't even have enough time in it to know it's potential weak points! I did basically everything safety related in new parts, and have gone over everything else.....but I am still sitting here wondering how it's going!!

Man I thought you were going to the doc / hospital at first, lol

But yeah, I hate others driving my car unless they "know" what they are doing. My trans guy, no sweat but your kid ? Then again I'm sure he treat it OK--he will--well he could not beat on it any hard then I would, ha ha.

Least its with his GF and not with the "boys"..then again this one gal of mine long ago, well she had more guts then brains.

He has a cell phone, just have him stay in touch and call if any problems happen. Might as well get some miles on it, good luck

Well no worry now. He called me and said it wasn't idling to smooth. I had just done a couple adjustments before I left, one of which was idling it down a bit. So he said he didn't want to take it out until tomorrow. He can do a little touch to it then, but tonight the girl is there! Good to know he at least didn't just try to keep it revved up and go! It was idling high when warm so I reduced it, but probably a little too much. Oh well tonight I can relax!

Thats pretty cool/crazy of you.

I guess my car means more to me than yours does to you.
I built it, I drive it.
"You want to drive one, build one" is my motto.

Otherwise they can drive an Accord or any other POS.

Ya I know what you mean. But it is a 318 Scamp, not a restored 340 Duster. He does want to build his own. I am working on acquiring a 340 Dart Sport and he really wants to build it. I figure if it gets him into the older cars, I am more than willing to help. He has really taken an interest in these things in the last while, so support him I will! And I am impressed he observed the rough idle and decided not to go!

Ya I know what you mean. But it is a 318 Scamp, not a restored 340 Duster. He does want to build his own. I am working on acquiring a 340 Dart Sport and he really wants to build it. I figure if it gets him into the older cars, I am more than willing to help. He has really taken an interest in these things in the last while, so support him I will! And I am impressed he observed the rough idle and decided not to go!

I hear ya on the supporting the interest, and I support the interest my boys show also.
They appreciate it from the passengers seat though. :D

-
Back