King Richard accepts the challenge....

-
He's still in pretty good shape. I think he could pull it off.

That's what I always liked about him he says what's on his mind. Got to admire this man for standing his ground. That's why they we call him King Richard! :cheers:

I read the entire quote from Richard Petty. I thought he said some nice things about Danica and her impact on Nascar in general.

Yeah well you know how the media love to put the twist on stuff. his main point though is right on the mark. Were she a man, she certainly wouldn't be getting the attention.....and I am not even sure she'd have a ride.

Yeah well you know how the media love to put the twist on stuff. his main point though is right on the mark. Were she a man, she certainly wouldn't be getting the attention.....and I am not even sure she'd have a ride.

Checkered flag to the Winner.. RRR... :)

RP's comment about "results" is spot on. Nobody currently in the cup garage does less with more!

Good for the King. I've always liked him. I had a good laugh at the beginning though when dumb blondie called him Richard Perry.

Hell ,Morgan Shepard can attempt qualifying at 72,maybe not so far fetched... Rusty's dead on: At least someone calls it,as he sees it. Tired of media *** kissing for sponsored money.

I would love to see these drivers today try and drive a 70 superbird with a hemi and no P/S! the king may have not raced in 25 years but I bet he's made a few laps here and there.todays race cars are easier to drive than 40 years ago and I'd put money on the king!

I would love to see these drivers today try and drive a 70 superbird with a hemi and no P/S! the king may have not raced in 25 years but I bet he's made a few laps here and there.todays race cars are easier to drive than 40 years ago and I'd put money on the king!

Same here,I'm going with the King!

Petty will always be the king and props to my hometown
Smithfield foods for doing their best to help people in need.
The plant and corporate headquarters is just a mile or so down the
From my house. When the wind blows the right direction it smells like bacon!

he says it how it is with no sponsor intimidation..at 70 plus years old he has nothing to prove..he is the legend in the sport and has the balls to say what the fans think......

my 2 cents as a nascar fan of 30 years

put danica in a f#$kin 69 rrrunner with a vinyl roof and duct tape and 4 spd hemi and go round the track with the king

If they were both in hemi 67 sattelites she would be getting lapped in no time. In a modern spec racer like they race now it would be a lot closer. I would love to see this happen even if the king is in tony's #14

If they do it, they should do it both ways. In new NASCAR spec cars and old ones.

Watching King Richard was one of the factors that got me into Mopars 38 years ago .
Once the King always the King my money is on Petty.

-
Back