Kirker paint.

-

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Hey guys iv been looking into different paints for a while iv had alot of recommendations and still haven't made a decision yet lol i stumbled across this kirker paint on a different forum there are several different levels but im looking at the high end black diamond but would love to get feedback on it all.
Has anyone here used it before how does it spray how does it last? Iv read alot of good about it the only negative thing I have read is about the clear. I heard its junk. Idk tho
I had kinda been set on the paintforcars.com paint its called starfire made by rayflex automotive finish. I have heard alot of mixed reviews about it and im really hesitant about it. The kirker is around the same price. Im on a tight budget so Unfortunately I can't afford ppg or high end paint. The kirker is more than the rayflex by a little but if its heights and bounds better i dont mind paying a little more.

I painted a truck with red Kirker paint several years ago. It was good paint. I bought their kit that had Polyester primer, paint, clear, hardeners and reducers. It all worked fine. If you are on a budget, it will work fine.

I would check out what is local in your area first, automotive paint stores, Oreillys can mix it, Keystone automotive is where I go. Ask around your body shops it would way cheaper then having it shipped.....

Hey guys iv been looking into different paints for a while iv had alot of recommendations and still haven't made a decision yet lol i stumbled across this kirker paint on a different forum there are several different levels but im looking at the high end black diamond but would love to get feedback on it all.
Has anyone here used it before how does it spray how does it last? Iv read alot of good about it the only negative thing I have read is about the clear. I heard its junk. Idk tho
I had kinda been set on the paintforcars.com paint its called starfire made by rayflex automotive finish. I have heard alot of mixed reviews about it and im really hesitant about it. The kirker is around the same price. Im on a tight budget so Unfortunately I can't afford ppg or high end paint. The kirker is more than the rayflex by a little but if its heights and bounds better i dont mind paying a little more.
Never tried Kirker paint but Omni I have had good luck with holding out.
The thing I would look at is if your going to let the car sit out side most of the time then I would put good paint on it but if you keep it under cover than cheap paint is OK.
In a nut shell and just my 2 cents.

That’s what I used with SPI clear.
Looks great.
Yea im gonna try it. Is the spi clear better than their glamor clear? I don't see the restoration colors in anything other than their kit (their clear) im also gonna use their epoxy and primer so all the brands match up. I already bought a gallon of the primer for the starfire paint i guess i will sell it or use it for something else.

Never tried Kirker paint but Omni I have had good luck with holding out.
The thing I would look at is if your going to let the car sit out side most of the time then I would put good paint on it but if you keep it under cover than cheap paint is OK.
In a nut shell and just my 2 cents.
Its gonna be under a carport when not driving. Not completely out of the weather but out of direct sunlight and direct water.

Yea im gonna try it. Is the spi clear better than their glamor clear? I don't see the restoration colors in anything other than their kit (their clear) im also gonna use their epoxy and primer so all the brands match up. I already bought a gallon of the primer for the starfire paint i guess i will sell it or use it for something else.
Not sure about the glamour clear, the spi was highly recommended to me so I went with it. Would not use any else at this point. I used valspar primer, urekem paint and reducer and the universal spi clear and reducer. Followed the spi instructions and it looks great. I was on a budget too and did it all myself with the help of a painter friend, of course I can pick out all the flaws, but parked at a car show it holds its own.

-
Back