Kirkey style seat install???

-

DGrace

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I searched in the "Interior" section without much success so I thought I'd try here - since it is more of a "race" type item. I recently installed my subframe connectors and went with a ladder bar and coilovers setup and since the interior was out for welding, (as it came with a bench seat) I ordered a set of Kirkey style seats to replace the bench. I plan on getting the Kirkey brand mounts but I need a little help figuring out the best way to mount them. I'm not the best on welding/fab but I do ok as long as it's no too elaborate. If anyone has done this, your input or ideas would be appreciated.

20180629_195829.jpg

The brackets won't help much. You still gotta build mounts for them and with the seat hard mounted to the cage you can't adjust the seat angle once installed.

I used angle iron to build the mouts.
Only my driver seat uses the brackets as it was installed first.
I try and get a pic later for ya.

The brackets won't help much. You still gotta build mounts for them and with the seat hard mounted to the cage you can't adjust the seat angle once installed.

I used angle iron to build the mouts.
Only my driver seat uses the brackets as it was installed first.
I try and get a pic later for ya.
Thank you. I was going to use the Kirkey mounts to attach the seats and then fab up some kind of bracket to mount them to the car. Thank you for the reply & pics would be great!

20180709_170907_zpsggkn6c1g.jpg

20180709_170920_zpse4etxuni.jpg

It's hard to see what's going on but its 1/8X2 plate to the floor (for a flat surface) with 1/8X1/2 angle, cut at 45 degrees then another plate tying the tops of the angle in with holes for the seat to bolt to. The other side is the same but I built the lean right into the mount instead of using the brackets. The passenger seat bolts straight down vs driver seat bolt through the side of the seat.

If any of that makes sense...

View attachment 1715196681

View attachment 1715196682

It's hard to see what's going on but its 1/8X2 plate to the floor (for a flat surface) with 1/8X1/2 angle, cut at 45 degrees then another plate tying the tops of the angle in with holes for the seat to bolt to. The other side is the same but I built the lean right into the mount instead of using the brackets. The passenger seat bolts straight down vs driver seat bolt through the side of the seat.

If any of that makes sense...
Looks good! I like the side panels too! Thank you.

-
Back