knightys workhorse wakeup

-

Daz570

Thread Inturpreter
Reaction score
I just thought i'd throw up a couple of snaps of my weekend runabout which is just about to undergo a slight upgrade..

26052010053.jpg

apologys for dodgy phone snaps

19062011830.jpg

the last few weekends amongst beers myself and a few mates have been playing with setting up single point injection and a gt42 split pulse turbo on a 265 for it, pretty bare bones stuff..

19062011832.jpg

so far all's been focussed on setting up the injection, early injec computer is sending all the right signals, injectors are ticking, but fuel pumps a no go, have aquired a bosch (vl type) inline pump, when that arrives in the post we should be all go then focussing on the turbo manifold.
19062011828.jpg

plan was to originally use single point injection for simplicity but it seems that probably won't be up to the task, so multipoint injection from a falcon sounds like the go, with easy availability to larger injectors.

020-1.jpg

from the looks of things, i doubt it's be hard to make a transition manifold between the two.

022.jpg

i'll have to find the article, which is my motivation for this direction, from memory there was a guy a few years ago that built a charger with the same style manifold and plenum (don't know if i could go as far as using the ford plenum) was pulling quite respectable numbers at a lazy 10lb, will have to find the article..

turbo, dummied onto another head and manifold, looks tight but should give me around 20mm clearence.

DSCF0898.jpg

DSCF0896.jpg

updates to come when pump arrives and i get motivated, the weather's terrible out there at the moment.

any thoughts ?

Sweet 6!
Bet she'll fly when your done. I need to get off the a/c and get back out in the heat and get mine done. Good luck on you endevour!!!

well, its running awfully rich at idle, popping and spitting flames out of open headers, but the single point injection works!! apologys for dodgy phone video and mates arse in the way, i diddn't even realise it was being filmed.

I really need some sort of crude muffler to make tuning bearable, my ears are still ringing

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/knighty01/?action=view&current=Inject.mp4

it also decided to have an altercation with the clutch throwout bearing and bellhousing in a whirr of sparks and debris whilst spinning awfully close to my family jewels. i'd say that's as close to an instant laxative as i've seen to date..

02072011846.jpg

throwout bearing

02072011849.jpg

cracked bellhousing

02072011848.jpg

I've decided i'm going to fit the falcon rail (will fit xr6 turbo injectors) to a sixpack manifold and manufacture a forward facing plenumn

cheers,

Dan.

had a little more progress today till i ran out of bends,

13072011855.jpg

13072011858.jpg

everything transitions nicely with no sharp bends, have purchased the remaining bends required to complete manifold tomorrow . . no, later today now and am hoping to have it post heated and decked by the weekend for fit up if all goes well

fingers crossed eh..

she's 3mm thick short cast bends, and 40mm nb mild.

welding was done in three stages to avoid it pulling too much, the collector was fabbed in one piece, the two banks (front three and rear three) then a single joining weld on each runner half way down, running a straight edge along it, it's gone 1.5mm total so not so bad

couple more snaps.

DSCF0979.jpg

DSCF0976.jpg

the reason for my delay since last week
DSCF0977.jpg

DSCF0980.jpg

heading into the machinist now, hopefully will be ready for a big effort on the weekend if not too many beers are involved :)

DSCF0985.jpg

that looks like something that a hillbilly from up wilmot way might build

nice looking ride!! thanks for the pictures & build -up info ,Lawrence

that looks like something that a hillbilly from up wilmot way might build

BWAHAHAHAHAHA don't freakin degrade my place of residance by mentioning the neighbouring w word . .

will be playing with it again this weekend, feel free to head up mate..

-
Back