.. knock out plug removal from v/c ? ..

-

mopar66

Reaction score
* what is the best way to remove a knock out plug from a cast mopar performance valve cover for my PCV valve installation ?
* i am assuming you don't put use one of those little baffle plates on the PCV valve opening like you use on the oil fill hole opening ? ..

thanks ahead of time for the input ..

already have a real nice PCV valve/breather that matches other stuff on my engine that makes it necessary for me to remove the knock-out in the v/c to install .. but thanks for your input

any other feedback .. (don't want to screw the v/c up!)

I'd drill a hole in it and then open it up the rest of the way with a carbide bit.

Seen one really messed up when trying to knock the plug out

I drilled mine too. Used a bi-metal hole saw. Lot cleaner hole. And yes you use a baffle plate any place there's a knock out. If you don't put one under the PCV valve it'll suck oil into the engine like crazy.

I had some NOS M/T covers a few years back, took a punch and whack the plugs out. Thought about drilling but then looking really close at them, I could see the metal was a little thin around the plug covers. One good whack got most of the plug out. I laid the cover first on some wood and just held it steady and wham, out the little piece went.

Wait, I believe I hit them from the inside of the covers and had the end of the cover past the block of wood. Look like it come out cleaner that way then driving it in to the cover. The little bit left I just filed away by hand. Put one breather on each cover and just remove the breather to add oil. No oil cap, thought it look better that way. (how often do you add oil)

if theres no baffles plates under the hole ull be fine if u buy the proper size for the hole u make baffle gromets i use them with great outcomes .

ive never done it but by the way all the v/c's ive had it seems hard to get a clean cut mine always look like a butcher job like they were this close | | then they went crazy with a file or something all oblong an **** good thing the gromets have a good seal.

-
Back