Ky4 golden fawn

-

canadian duster

Reaction score
Does anyone have this color? My 75 duster 360 is but is quite faded and I'm trying to get a idea of what it looks like fresh. Google search doesn't show me much of anything so I'm assuming it's not a popular color.

20160721_210445.jpg

You assumed right lol.....

This one is getting ready to see the road again....

JW

Beige Duster.jpg

Thank you. It's funny how far off the paint chip code the actual paint is.
I have that same chip card and looks identical to what it appears on screen. But, still very difficult to really picture the colors from chips. I have T-4 Cinnamon and like what I painted much better than the chip would indicate. look inside your trunk lid. Mine looked very true to fresh single stage I did on bay, jambs etc.

Woah all I see is an engine in that picture! The colour came out in 1974 and lasted until 1978. Given that the '73 (or '74+) A-bodies are not as highly desirable as the earlier ones, not as many examples are left rolling around. I find that with my '75 Scamp that is Cinnamon which was only offered in '75 and '76.

My '74 Duster is golden fawn, I have a bunch of pictures of it before I started the Demon tribute with it. Original paint, 91k original miles. Was actually in pretty decent shape so the color should be pretty accurate.

IMG_3619.jpg

Ya I'll have to do some digging. The trunk interior is still quite different than paint chips. Agree though, hard to compare anything on a computer.

Here's a few more in different light conditions. Depending on the light the color looks anywhere from very tan to almost yellow. I dunno about "not popular", I've seen a TON of original cars that were this color. Now, I would say that it's not a popular color to repaint them...

I know there's at least a few other members here on the board with Duster's that are this color. I've seen a bunch on eBay as well, there were a couple that looked exactly like mine. But since I have no plans of keeping the car this color I didn't save them for the "archives".
IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_5289.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

Here's a couple more pictures I've found of cars I'm pretty confident are Golden Fawn...
2008_08010178 copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 4.24.42 PM copy.png

-
Back