L@@king for a 8 3/4 help!!

-

hemitt

Reaction score
Hi everyone im down in pueblo, co. and havent had any luck on finding a 8 3/4 rear end for my 72 duster if anyone knows or has one for sale please let me know.. Thankss

Mopar Madness up in Eaton has parts and complete 3rd members. He sells on ebay as well. Sorry, I am at work and don't have the phone #.

i drag race if that helps just looking for complete 8 3/4. perferably one out of a body that requires no cutting to fit.

Check ebay also, I wound up buying a c body 8-3/4 and having it narrowed to fit mine. $$$$ so I wouldn't recommend doing it that way. A body 8-3/4's are like hen's teeth around here, but I will ask around for you.

Check ebay also, I wound up buying a c body 8-3/4 and having it narrowed to fit mine. $$$$ so I wouldn't recommend doing it that way. A body 8-3/4's are like hen's teeth around here, but I will ask around for you.

I used a B Body its only 1 1/2 wider. I cut the perches put new ones on and just played with the offset on the new rims worked out well for me.

ya i thought bout doing a b body but what off set did u have to put on? and what size tire will actually fit under it. i really would perfer a a-body but not any luck and dont wanna spend the $ on narrowing one.

Good luck the guy up in eaton is about you best bet. I was looking also and I went with a explorer rearend and had one side cut to match. I was out of about 600 bucks when it was all done. 8 3/4 are getting so hard to come by

I have 2 a body rears for sale but iam in nj.. A 65 ply rear will fit without moving anything & u will be able to run a 29.10.5 15 with a 10" rim I have one in my 73 dart sport runs 10's all day

welp i hate to say this but i just went with a ford 9"... i know ford.....but for the price i couldnt beat it. plus i shouldnt havta worry bout my rear end for sum time

welp i hate to say this but i just went with a ford 9"... i know ford.....but for the price i couldnt beat it. plus i shouldnt havta worry bout my rear end for sum time

There good rear ends, I've used the 57-59 Ford 9" in several A-Bodies. They bolt right in, they're also a 1/2" narrower on each side. The only mod is the drive shaft length and you need the Mopar-Ford u-joint.

ya after all im doing. im putting a ford 9" and a ladder bar set up plus itll be mini tubed. so should be able to fit bout a 12" slick under it should be alot better then leaf springs lol.

A body 8.75s are getting tough to find for sure. Expensive too, AND they need work. Here is what I've done to solve the problem for my "next" one.

Buy an E body housing. Available for about $75. Go to a local axle shop OR Moser and have it cut down. If you reuse the ends, you can save $90. Most shops are ~ $125 to do it. Now you are at $200 for the housing. A set of Axles with green bearing for $300, now you are at $500. Now you need backing plates and drums 10x2.5 avaible just about anywhere. Even 5th Ave, or diplomat 7.25 rears can be used, the 7.25 use large 3" tubes on the ends, so the backing plates are the 5 holer's you need. lets say $50 at the pick and pull. Total: $350. 3rd member: now here's the trick. A bodies can use 741s IMHO for street use (not slicks at the track) <350HP? go with a 489. Open case? $150. SG rebuilt? $500. So I'd say you are looking at $850 total.

Has anybody Ever tried using a A-100 " Van " rear end ?? i noticed that they come with 8 3/4 plus there not to wide, some even have 391 in them, not sure about the perches.

-
Back