La 360 swap.. 1/4" holes in head.. How to (?) HELP!!

-

bighammer

Reaction score
Sorry about the title, just trying to explain the issue

I haven't ran across this before, and could use some advice from the panel!

The stock truck manifolds were removed in favor of some early HP manifolds. What I found is that there are two small holes left exposed which were previously covered by the factory logs. These holes lead right into the exhaust valve chamber of the heads.

I'm thinking of tapping the holes and plugging them with a couple Allen head screws. Any better ideas out there?

Thanks for the tips

Mark

Tapping and Allen head plugs is the best thing I would say. One guy I knew just cleaned the holes out with brake clean and put jb weld in them and it worked just fine.

JB Weld will be temporary. That is exhaust coming right out of the combustion chamber. It ain't real cold. There should be one under each exhaust port. Look REAL close under the two end ports. That's for the A.I.R. system on pollution controlled vehicles. The set screw idea you describe is perfect.

I've just tapped them for 1/4 - 20 set screws and installed short set screws. never had a problem. Make sure to use short set screws and make sure that they do not stick above the hole....

-
Back