LA heads on Magnum Block

-

64drtGt

Slant Six Lunatic
Reaction score
I know there is dozens of threads on here about this but I havn't really found what I am looking for.

I am considering putting a set of LA heads on my magnum because I would like to get rid of the problematic cracking issues of the magnum heads. I do not know if mine are I have not had the heads off my engine.

I know the early magnums still had the oiling for the shaft style but how early? I have a 93 engine was built either early 93 or late 92 i would have to check.

I have a 89 or 90 roller cam in it would it be correct for oiling?

What else would be needed to do the swap besides la heads and custom pushrods?

I think the whole head cracking thing is out of proportion, just like overdrive doesn't hold up. Sure they may crack, doesn't mean it will ever hit water. Plenty of stock mags out there with 300,000 on the clock. Run em' dude.

Well I'm also looking for a performance gain when I do as well. Would like to bump the compression up a bit considering the piston is below the deck.

1.0 compression bump is 20HP/TQ. It's a little, but not enough create headaches like what your experiencing right now about. Magnum heads flow pretty good last time I checked, 9:1 ain't bad. Not trying to deter your performance quest, just saying my magnum runs awesome on 9:1. They spin a lot quicker than the old ones do.

I do have some other ideas for a performance gain in mind if I don't really have to worry about magnum heads cracking as bad as everyone says I may just leave it alone and pursue those other ideas.

if you can get oil to the heads....the LA heads are open chamber..the magnum are close chambers...

going to need to cut the LA heads quite a bit to get it down the the magnum heads cc otherwise you are going to lose compression....

take a look at the EQ heads...magnum replacements....alot of cast iron so they dont crack.

if you can get oil to the heads....the LA heads are open chamber..the magnum are close chambers...

going to need to cut the LA heads quite a bit to get it down the the magnum heads cc otherwise you are going to lose compression....

take a look at the EQ heads...magnum replacements....alot of cast iron so they dont crack.

http://www.aamidwest.com/enginequest/eq-cylinder-heads/chrysler-magnum-head/

EQ-CH318B

This is our Magnum head that uses all Magnum rocker parts with LA style intake bolt pattern.

Chrysler 318 and 360 cylinder head built from a MAGNUM casting that has been drilled for a early intake manifold bolt pattern.

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...biB3LyAiTEEiIFN0eWxlIEludGFrZQ==&partid=24235

HI-PERFORMANCE 62CC IRON S.BLOCK NEW CASTING! (MAGNUM STYLE ROCKERS)

-
Back