LA water pump to Magnum intake heater bypass hose?

-

MopaR&D

Nerd Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a heater bypass hose for my 360 Magnum/LA 'hybrid' which is bent correctly... To those here who have built a Magnum-headed engine with the Edelbrock Air-Gap intake and LA timing cover/water pump, where did you get the correct hose?

Here's what it looks like:

vbpgimage.php

Looked at one, won't work because the Magnum water pump angles backwards towards the intake while the LA one (mine) is straight up and clocked to the side a bit.

I used the stock LA hose, but had to do some twisting and trimming to get it on there for the larger one. I just blocked the small one off because I'm not running a heater.

Oh, and something else to consider when you get to the thermostat housing (water neck) if you haven't already, if you go to the parts store and get a regular replacement one, it's kind of cheap stamped steel and is a pain to get to not leak. I found a good cast aluminum one at Pep Boys, but it's about twice as long as the stamped one. Never had a problem with it leaking.

I used the stock LA hose, but had to do some twisting and trimming to get it on there for the larger one. I just blocked the small one off because I'm not running a heater.

Are you talking about the outlets for the heater core or the bypass? I'm talking about the pre-bent hose that goes from the water pump to the intake manifold, I'm keeping the heater operational and both of those hoses seem to hook up fine.

I already tried messing around with an LA hose from O'Reilly and I wasn't comfortable with the way it fit; it 'went on' but was kinked and bent too much. I'll try one from NAPA they look a little different...

EDIT: Arco440 what's a pipe bushing?

For the bypass hose, I'm talking about the short pre-formed one that goes from the pump to the front of the intake.

When I bought the Airgap, it came with the brass barbed fitting in the pic, I had to cut 2 barbs off. With the 2 cut off, it was about the same length as the one you have on yours. I got it to fit.

Ah I see... The hose you have looks more flexible and shaped a little different than mine. Where did you get yours from?

Also regarding the water inlet I have a nice cast one not the stamped junk...

-
Back