LA360 Dipstick

-

Mcfarlrm

Reaction score
What is the correct dipstick length and tube connected to block length for the an LA360? After changing the oil and adding 5 quarts, the level is showing way to high.

Did you change the filter as well? What capacity filter? Did you start the engine after the change and prior to checking the oil level? I know, basic questions but must ask.

Everything has been changed to spec every time the oil is changed. Level has remained constant ever time way above the full line. The dip stick tube measures 11" and the picture of the dipstick itself below.

IMG_3701.jpg

Chrysler made a few different length dipsticks and tubes dependent on the application and body style. I measured the one in my Dart and the tube is 10 1/4" long from were it seats to the block to the top of the tube, the dipstick is 21 1/4" long. Now I am a little different then you, mine is a 8 quart Moroso pan that I run 7 quarts in. So when I set it up, I fill the pan with 7 quarts of oil ran the engine and let the oil seattle and then trimmed the tube so the dipstick read full at that level. This would probably read even further over full on your stick, you need to find a matched set from a car or a longer tube from a truck(find them to be longer) and trim it to size.

I am having a similar problem but my oil reads 1 quart low on a 340 with Milidon stock 5 qt pan. Guess I'll have to look into this.

I may just notch the dip stick on my next oil change. I have a slight oil leak that I am chasing so does me no good at the moment to notch it.

-
Back