LA360 Oil Dipstick Tube Size

-

Frankenjeep

Reaction score
Finishing up my 360 swap in my jeep and while messing with the stupidly long dipstick trying to get it to ride nicely inside the pan, I broke the dipstick tube.

The engine is from a 1980 W200 pickup.

I finally got around to replacing the tube but it is longer than the original and I appear to have lost the broken tube. Does anyone know the length from were it enters the block to the end. Possible could you measure yours if you have the same as I do. Any help would be appreciated.

Much thanks

Here's a picture of Frankenjeep to entertain you while you read :D

PyEAeLR.jpg

JzvMDKH.jpg

My aftermarket dipstick is 11-1/4" from where it enters the block to end. "Calibrate" your dip stick during your next oil change.

My aftermarket dipstick is 11-1/4" from where it enters the block to end. "Calibrate" your dip stick during your next oil change.

That's what I was going to do if I couldn't get a clear answer on the oem length. Wasn't there a change around 1984 when they changed everything and the oil capacity changed to 5 quarts? I read that somewhere and I don't have a book to tell me what "full" actually is. I feel stupid asking that question but google doesn't like that question as much as real people on forums do... Is it still 5 quarts for the pre 1984 engines? I just want to make sure I have the correct amount before making a new mark on the dip stick I have now.

Thanks for your input.

-
Back