Ladder bar question. Track bar actually

-

o1heavy

1974 dart sport
Reaction score
My question is I mounted my track diagonal bar not real sure what the correct term is
Like in the bottom picture and not on the actual bar brackets like the top picture and I can’t see it being a issue but figured I would get another opinion before I send this thing .
Every setup I can find pictures of the bar is mounted like the top picture so maybe there is something to it .
Anyway ,any ideas
42C6454D-4BC1-40A5-9B4B-B84CC3F60682.jpeg

FDF12315-8DF1-4465-BDF9-184CA57F0463.jpeg

You want that diagonal link as long as you can get it. Thats why it should go from bolt to bolt.

Just picture in your mind the loads on that bar when you drop the hammer...as you make that bar shorter it becomes more square and it will be less effective keeping the axle centered in the car, and its weaker.

My understanding also is that the diagonal bar needs to go from the right side axle area to the left side forward mount.

Just out of curiosity, why not a wish bone?

Just out of curiosity, why not a wish bone?

Sometimes it’s a room issue. The wishbone is certainly the best way to do it at the moment.

I spend many hours trying to fit a wishbone in my 64 Barracuda. Unless I redid the back half there was no way it would fit.

It looks like there are bracket to do it, just that way you want to........ so it must work...........at-least up to X power level.

But any movement in the front latter bar bushing, could still move the rear end from side to side. Enough to notice???? don't know. but the upper picture eliminates the movement. on that side. It can't control the movement of the other side and is "probably" why a wish bone work better.
Just what i'm picturing in my minds eye.

-
Back