ladder bars, I got questions.

-

03ramit1

Reaction score
ok I'm looking at ladder bars for my duster (its a 75) and I don't know how long of a bar to get. Nor do I know a good brand to buy. Any help would be great. Lets not turn this into a 4 link vs ladder bars thread I have looked into both and I want to do ladder bars, so lets just leave it at that. If anyone is running them can you post up pics, and what bars your using that would be great.

I have a set of 32" bars I'm getting ready to install in my 66 Dart. I've heard that's a great length for these A-bodies.

Be sure to get ladder bars that are double adjustable, so all you have to do is turn the adjuster and lock it down with the locknut. I heard good things about CE, S&W, and Alston Chassisworks.

32 inch bars will fit fine...I installed a set of Chasisworks on my 71 Dart, and will install a set of competition engineering 32" bars on my 71 Demon this winter.

and I have a set of S&W on the 69 barracuda....

Go with the double adjuster as said...

32 inch bars will fit fine...I installed a set of Chasisworks on my 71 Dart, and will install a set of competition engineering 32" bars on my 71 Demon this winter.

and I have a set of S&W on the 69 barracuda....

Go with the double adjuster as said...

I like the idea of Ladder Bars. They have worked well for years. Simple easy installation compared to a 4 link which is a plus! Leave the leafs in until they are installed and then just POP the leafs out. Piece of cake!

In fact that is what i did on the 71 Dart...used the leaf spring to keep the rear end square in the body....unbolted the rear hangars to lower the car to where i want the ride height...

unfortunatly i cannot do the leave the axle bolted in thing. as i currently have a 7 1/4 under the car and the ladderbars will be going on a dana 60 that we are in the process of getting narrowed and then we will build it. i would hate to install spring purches on it just to cut them off again.

thanks for the comments guys, ill look into them. anyone have pics they wanna share? (hey i can hope right)

unfortunatly i cannot do the leave the axle bolted in thing. as i currently have a 7 1/4 under the car and the ladderbars will be going on a dana 60 that we are in the process of getting narrowed and then we will build it. i would hate to install spring purches on it just to cut them off again.

thanks for the comments guys, ill look into them. anyone have pics they wanna share? (hey i can hope right)

No need to weld on the perches. Just leave them loose. That may be better anyway since you'll be able to adjust the pinion angle by rotating the housing in the perch 'saddles' before you tack in the ladder bars. Just a thought...

No need to weld on the perches. Just leave them loose. That may be better anyway since you'll be able to adjust the pinion angle by rotating the housing in the perch 'saddles' before you tack in the ladder bars. Just a thought...

I was going to say the same thing...................very good Idea!

-
Back