Lakewood bellhousing fun

-

MoparMcK

Reaction score
Alright I am sure I will get rattled here a bit. I am throwing a Lakewood bellhousing behind my new 512 low deck for obvious reasons. This is one my dad has had since the 80s and never used. I am to the point of figuring out how the zbar ball stud and what not will install. I am trying to get as much of this figured out before it all goes in the car. At least as much as I can. To me it clearly looks like someone snapped a bolt off in the one hole and did whatever to it in the process. So wish me luck on getting that pig opened back up. Does the ball stud itself just get screwed into the hole or do I still use the bracket from the factory bellhousing? Which I included a picture of. I am prepared to play the alignment game once it is in the car. I did it once with the old setup. I will master it with this. I hope anyway. If you have any other pointers to give. I will gladly keep both ears open. I really like both of my feet and enjoy banging the gears. So I would really like to make this work.

9753D29D-555C-477D-8DC6-D9B51CC25AF4.jpeg

B7965F1E-37C7-4641-AD67-B8EBB2F0324C.jpeg

You will need to fab a bracket to tilt the ball stud forward and downward. If you are running hwaders it might be a good idea to check out the TTI z bar made especially for big block a body cars.

Unless you change the original clutch linkage pivots over to heim joints the factory clutch linkage tolerates very little misalignment.

-
Back