Lakewood with 440 in '69 Dart

-

mhuppertz

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I will have to clearance the firewall to use a Lakewood safety bell housing?

Does anyone know if I will have to clearance the firewall to use a Lakewood safety bell housing?

I've been to Tijeras. I loved the place. Had friends that lived there and still have a friend that lives in ABQ.

I don't think you will have to clearance the firewall, but if you have headers, usually the number 6 or 8 pipe hits the scatter shield. You just need to grind the clearance.

Other than that, you should be golden. It will be tighter than a three puckered Billy goat at a sheep show, but you shouldn't have to clearance the car.

I've been to Tijeras. I loved the place. Had friends that lived there and still have a friend that lives in ABQ.

I don't think you will have to clearance the firewall, but if you have headers, usually the number 6 or 8 pipe hits the scatter shield. You just need to grind the clearance.

Other than that, you should be golden. It will be tighter than a three puckered Billy goat at a sheep show, but you shouldn't have to clearance the car.

Thanks for the reply!
We live against the national forest, and it is lovely.
I have a set of the Pro Parts style headers with two tubes over the frame on the drivers side and one on the passenger side. Hoping that I won't have to grind.

Mine's a little snug but once it's positioned, it's just fine. The body seam over the bell can limit your range of motion for the install but should not need modification.
upload_2018-8-10_9-14-21.png

-
Back