largest tire size?

-
I've seen 275/60-15s fit but depending on the rims, it might be close to (or hit) the wheel lip or spring. Also, if you have rocker pannel moldings, there is less clearance in the front. I have 255/60-15 and its about as big as I can go and keep the moldings. You cant see in the picture but, there is a fingers distance (at the most) at the front by the molding.

This is with SS Springs and adjustable front hangers set low...

08-19-09_1840.jpg

08-20-09_1805.jpg

L60 15s
which would be about 275 60s
depends on the rim

68 barracuda
318 904 7 1/4 2.76 gears open
they fit and they did smoke-both even
OK it did take a bit to get them going-quite at bit accually
when we were getting it around the first time me and my dad was at my grandparents shop
he takes it out and smokes them
my grandmother(his mom)comes running out thinking the car was on fire :)
she should have known-all she could do was shake her head and walk back inside

L60 15s
which would be about 275 60s
depends on the rim

68 barracuda
318 904 7 1/4 2.76 gears open
they fit and they did smoke-both even
OK it did take a bit to get them going-quite at bit accually
when we were getting it around the first time me and my dad was at my grandparents shop
he takes it out and smokes them
my grandmother(his mom)comes running out thinking the car was on fire :)
she should have known-all she could do was shake her head and walk back inside

My 68 fast back has 245 60 15's on the back and 215 65 15's on the front and they fill the wheel wells and still have plenty of clearance.

Also, if you have rocker pannel moldings, there is less clearance in the front. I have 255/60-15 and its about as big as I can go and keep the moldings.

Hmmmm.... I just picked up a set of 15 X 7 w/ 4.5" back space rims and was thinking of putting on 275's.

Anyone here on Long Island have a 275-60-15 that's unmounted that I could test fit? I have the rocker moldings.

Hmmmm.... I just picked up a set of 15 X 7 w/ 4.5" back space rims and was thinking of putting on 275's.

Anyone here on Long Island have a 275-60-15 that's unmounted that I could test fit? I have the rocker moldings.

I know its a bit of a ride but if you want to take a ride out to NJ, you are welcome to try mine on for a fit. Also, I plan to be at Englishtown for Musclepalooza on Saturday, Sept 5th.

Here is another picture of the 255/60s, You can see its less than an inch from the moulding. I suppose the mouldings could be trimmed a bit without anyone noticing much.

Wheel Clearance Rear.jpg

I have 255/60-15's on 15x8 Ralley wheels that have 4.5" of back spacing. A wheel with less back spacing to move the away form the spring would have allowed for a 275/60.

255s.jpg

-
Back