Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
1972 Great Daylight Fireball - Wikipedia Thats what I saw. We were swimming at Lion Lake.
Wow that was a good size rock, bet it scared the bejejus out of a lot of people.
When living in Washington in the mountains in a cabin watched the Russian space station fall and light up the sky. Thought it was a 747 jet on fire heading for my cabin so we were getting ready to run away from it.

Never did that but I would guess your right. Real clear sky's in the winter at 20 below or about.
The wife and I have been to a couple of star parties in eastern Washington, and had great time. The people are great, and the telescopes are amazing. During the day they breakout the solar scopes and look at the sun. Its just amazing whats out there.

The wife and I have been to a couple of star parties in eastern Washington, and had great time. The people are great, and the telescopes are amazing. During the day they breakout the solar scopes and look at the sun. Its just amazing whats out there.
Been to one a long time ago and your right it was amazing seeing Jupiter really impressed me.
Makes a person really think about how simple minded we are compared to the universe.

I'm to cheap and to skinny to buy a good sleeping bag. lol
Space station. That is so cool. I didn't realize how the meteorite I saw was so significant until I just now googled it. I guess it didn't land. It went back into orbit. It was a crazy fireball I remember that. I don't remember any noise but there must have been. I was 9 years old. I have a Military surplus sleeping bag that says "for US casualty only" on it. It's down filled and has a fur lined opening for your face. Just get naked and crawl in. I like a bed roll under it these days. LOL

Been to one a long time ago and your right it was amazing seeing Jupiter really impressed me.
Makes a person really think about how simple minded we are compared to the universe.
You get the right telescope, and look beyond our solar system. The planets become boring. The nebula's, star cluster, and other galaxies are the jewels

Space station. That is so cool. I didn't realize how the meteorite I saw was so significant until I just now googled it. I guess it didn't land. It went back into orbit. It was a crazy fireball I remember that. I don't remember any noise but there must have been. I was 9 years old. I have a Military surplus sleeping bag that says "for US casualty only" on it. It's down filled and has a fur lined opening for your face. Just get naked and crawl in. I like a bed roll under it these days. LOL
I'am with you on that. sleeping under the stars is great. But my old back needs a cot, and a warm sleeping bag

I'am with you on that. sleeping under the stars is great. But my old back needs a cot, and a warm sleeping bag
Aint found a good cot yet. I just googled Star Party and found one close to me up on a little state park mountain. It looks like it's in August. I want to do that. Thanks for telling us about Star Parties. :) Pulled my frozen bed roll off the ground several times.

I'll take my bed and warm house you guys can have the sleeping bags on the ground but I sure do miss that part of life but not the hard ground and rocks that seem to appear under my back side at 3 in the morning. lol

Aint found a good cot yet. I just googled Star Party and found one close to me up on a little state park mountain. It looks like it's in August. I want to do that. Thanks for telling us about Star Parties. :) Pulled my frozen bed roll off the ground several times.
The first one I went to I thought I was cool guy breaking out my $200 tele, and found out I had the biggest piece of crap there. there was people with $100,000.00 Scopes, and more than willing to show you what your missing. So I had to buck up and spend $2000. just to get close to what they were seeing. It is contagious. You will have a good time.

I'll take my bed and warm house you guys can have the sleeping bags on the ground but I sure do miss that part of life but not the hard ground and rocks that seem to appear under my back side at 3 in the morning. lol
Nothing like feeling the roots moving underneath ya during a good wind storm.

The first one I went to I thought I was cool guy breaking out my $200 tele, and found out I had the biggest piece of crap there. there was people with $100,000.00 Scopes, and more than willing to show you what your missing. So I had to buck up and spend $2000. just to get close to what they were seeing. It is contagious. You will have a good time.
Don't get me started on a new project Craig till I finish the one I am working on. lol
Sounds like fun though.

Don't get me started on a new project Craig till I finish the one I am working on. lol
Sounds like fun though.
I would think you are in a good spot for that Fred. Getting to be a lot of light pollution around here. Cant hardly see the stars any more without driving ten miles. I see light emitting from a little community on the other side of my 6000 ft. mountain these days.

I would think you are in a good spot for that Fred. Getting to be a lot of light pollution around here. Cant hardly see the stars any more without driving ten miles. I see light emitting from a little community on the other side of my 6000 ft. mountain these days.
Light pollution is a big concern, and I am glade to see some laws being placed around here to help curb it a little. like were I work, when it was being built they had to use special downward facing lights, and could only be 12' high.

Light pollution is a big concern, and I am glade to see some laws being placed around here to help curb it a little. like were I work, when it was being built they had to use special downward facing lights, and could only be 12' high.
I want to shoot my neighbors night light. I think I will talk to him first about curbing it. That will make me feel better before I shoot it. LOL

Well I am off to bed, I have big day tomorrow. Kids are coming over for a visit. I turn 29 again tomorrow. LOL
Good nite all
Hope you have a good birthday.

Never heard of a star party. Not too many people interested in star gazing. Plenty of places to go though. I’m surrounded by conservation land.

As far as light pollution goes,Google Bob Crelin, from CT, he is working hard to curb it. As an aside, my employer is awful about it, this place is lit up like day even when no one is around. BTW FIRST!

Greens are usually pretty good. I really like Diamont for their paint match. Sooo... where DID you see the UFO's? I've seen em and totally believe.
With the size of the atmosphere there has to be more life out there. Hopefully friendly though. I think some of them are running this world

-
Back