Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
CA07A2E6-AAEF-46F7-8EC2-C7A68B2180C5.jpeg

One beautiful night in June of 1982, I was cruising along Portage Ave in Winnipeg on my Yamaha XS1100, minding my own business, enjoying the night. Suddenly a 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 made an illegal left turn directly in front of me. I struck the right front corner of the Ford, braking my left leg and ankle, the bike fell on it's right side, careening along the road, up the entrance of a nearby self serve gas bar, down the sidewalk where I grazed the concrete base of a bus stop bench with my head, then continued along until it struck the barrier between the gas bar exit and the neighboring restaurant. I catapulted over the rail and into the restaurant parking lot while the Yamaha headed back towards Portage Ave. Somewhere along the way I also cracked my left wrist and broke a few bones in my left hand.

More recently. in December of 2013, one cold afternoon, I was working on an overhead door in an unheated warehouse with a polished concrete floor. I had my extension ladder set up and had made 3 or 4 trips up and down the ladder to repair the door. I was making what should have been (and ultimately was) my last trip up the ladder, and had just reached the top of the door, about 16 feet, when I felt the ladder slip.
My first and only thought was, "**** this is gonna hurt". Now, almost 7 years later, it still does! I was right! I broke both wrists and 3 teeth, took 7 stitches over my right eye, 3 in my left leg, broke my nose, and had a concussion.
Just a flesh wound!!! Common!!!

On a positive note, I sold my 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis today, paid $1900 a couple months ago, spent around $100.00 on it, sold it for $2700.00. Guy was happy as pig in **** for that price. I thought it was fair.

Then I saw a 2016 Challenger Hellcat at a dealership nearby for sale. Asking $59k with under 10000 miles. I figure if I bought it I would be living in it within a week or two, seemed like it would be kind of cramped.
Thinking that's a little chunky for a 2016. Yeah it only has 10,000 but still 5 years old now.

Morning guys.... 4 degrees right now and don't think it'll climb much more than that.
Not much on the plate today as far as I know but I'll see what the honey-do list brings.
Geez guys, I read some of your posts on what some of you went through some years back. Some of you are lucky you're still around to talk about it and glad you are. Maybe I was lucky but never got hurt that bad.

Morning everyone cold and decided to not take a walk but instead I'll drink some coffee plant my *** in front of the computer and vegetate a bit.

Morning Mark slept good last night how are you doing.
I'm hurting. It's Winter so my gut is hurting (that's a seasonal thing) and the shoulders and hands are hurting. Yesterday didn't help at all while getting things ready for Winter. I've taken the Tylenol Arthritis so should kick in soon. Gotta keep moving.

-
Back