Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Hey Fred,is your 1.5 ton A have steel wheels or wood spoke wheels?
20210711_122025.jpg
Steel

My brother works on A's all the time,you guys could swap tech tricks.
Would love to have a bunch of us do that and also trade parts. I have some A parts that I'll never use but hang on to them for trade.

It is a good book I have it. Also have one on my AA and a pile more I haven't looked at yet but the one you have in the picture is very complete and I use it most of the time.
Myself as well. They are fun. Best thing is that my dart won’t Divorce me if I drive the model A LOL

My brother has a 1929 1.5 ton with the wood spoke wheels. It was originally owned by the Niagara Falls Parks Commission.
I figured my 29 came factory with spoke wheels but I never looked it up to find out.
Would be nice to see your brothers collection.

Finally getting a good bit of rain here. Started overnight and forecast says it should continue through tomorrow morning. Not a heavy downpour but a good steady rain. Much needed around here, will try and send it on east for the rest of you. Smoke is not as bad either thankfully, I was really starting to have a problem breathing and been using my asthma medication a lot lately.

Finally getting a good bit of rain here. Started overnight and forecast says it should continue through tomorrow morning. Not a heavy downpour but a good steady rain. Much needed around here, will try and send it on east for the rest of you. Smoke is not as bad either thankfully, I was really starting to have a problem breathing and been using my asthma medication a lot lately.
Sorry you have asthma I would think the smoke would cause you problems.
Glad your getting rain because it usually comes my way and a high of 95* today the rain will be most welcome.

I have trouble and don't have Asthma. Hope you are okay. We are getting the same rain here. Really had a headache from the smoke yesterday and no energy. Had some serious flehm last night but also been doing a lot of painting so that doesn't help. Shot of whiskey before bed fixed that.

I have trouble and don't have Asthma. Hope you are okay. We are getting the same rain here. Really had a headache from the smoke yesterday and no energy. Had some serious flehm last night but also been doing a lot of painting so that doesn't help. Shot of whiskey before bed fixed that.
Smoke is almost gone here today and hopping to open a window in the house soon.

Smoke is almost gone here today and hopping to open a window in the house soon.
Hi Fred. Been a while so... first and foremost, congratulations on the new addition to your family. Another fine human specimen. You have some good genes. :thumbsup: I wish I could say I was hoping to open my windows but I have to open them every night or we would be frying inside the house. I'll eat the smoke before I bake to death. Do pretty good though. My system keeps it below 75F inside. Hit 77 a couple of times. Been busting my but in the shop. The c10 builder has been pushing me. He has his own agenda:mad:. Have a lot of gravy lined up after this c10 job. Been working on the 340 valve train between coats of paint. LOL

Hi Fred. Been a while so... first and foremost, congratulations on the new addition to your family. Another fine human specimen. You have some good genes. :thumbsup: I wish I could say I was hoping to open my windows but I have to open them every night or we would be frying inside the house. I'll eat the smoke before I bake to death. Do pretty good though. My system keeps it below 75F inside. Hit 77 a couple of times. Been busting my but in the shop. The c10 builder has been pushing me. He has his own agenda:mad:. Have a lot of gravy lined up after this c10 job. Been working on the 340 valve train between coats of paint. LOL
I don't know how you keep up with all your work you have going on I'm trying to slow down even more and tired of doing body work.
How are those heads looking you bought?

I don't know how you keep up with all your work you have going on I'm trying to slow down even more and tired of doing body work.
How are those heads looking you bought?
They LOOK really good. I have them sitting on the bench with the 273 valve train on them. I am checking fitment and have good clearance.
The old 273 rockers have some uneven wear and it seems they hit the valve the same way on these heads too so in my book that's a good thing because that means they are the same as the factory LA heads and that it the rockers that are cattywompas.
I'm using dye to check how they hit. I have filed and polished one rocker with good success. It hits good and square now. Just 15 to go.

Had a nasty headache for two days, not too bad today. I have had asthma since I was a kid, so I'm used to it, really hasn't been a problem for most of the last 10 years or so, but the smoky air and being outside has really made it more noticeable. Was just in a shitty mood most of the day yesterday, probably because of the headache and lack of sleep. Tried working on my Dart for a couple of hours, runs better, but still lacking in power for some reason, can't spin the tires, not even doing a brakestand, my Ventura would blow the doors off it, with all of it's 110 horsepower and 2.56 gears. LOL. Started wondering if the torque convertor is the problem or if I should put the stock cam back in, running out of ideas.

Had a nasty headache for two days, not too bad today. I have had asthma since I was a kid, so I'm used to it, really hasn't been a problem for most of the last 10 years or so, but the smoky air and being outside has really made it more noticeable. Was just in a shitty mood most of the day yesterday, probably because of the headache and lack of sleep. Tried working on my Dart for a couple of hours, runs better, but still lacking in power for some reason, can't spin the tires, not even doing a brakestand, my Ventura would blow the doors off it, with all of it's 110 horsepower and 2.56 gears. LOL. Started wondering if the torque convertor is the problem or if I should put the stock cam back in, running out of ideas.
Didn't realize you were having problems with the Dart. Have you started a "help" thread?

Didn't realize you were having problems with the Dart. Have you started a "help" thread?
I've talked with a couple of local friends, including one who used to build mopar race engines, and tried their suggestions, also been trying a lot of my own ideas, have made progress, but still not resolved all the issues. Part of the problem I think is that the PO hacked up the car in so many ways. I have been trying to reverse as many things as I find, but I also don't know what convertor is in it, etc. I did put the cam in, it has the same specs that I have used before with good results, but I'm just getting frustrated I guess.

I had poor compression on 2 cylinders on the right side, swapped the head, now it's better, all holes are within 10 psi, and it does run better. I put the MSD distributor back in, and wired a switch from the battery to the MSD 6 plus box, also helped as I had some voltage drop issues before. I'm running a 650 cfm AVS2 carb, also have a 625 cfm Carter AVS that came with the motor, and a Demon carb of unknown cfm that came with the car, in need of rebuilding. Motor feels like it wants to go, but something is holding it back, so I don't know if the cam is not in correctly, I've never used a degree wheel, never had a problem before.

I've talked with a couple of local friends, including one who used to build mopar race engines, and tried their suggestions, also been trying a lot of my own ideas, have made progress, but still not resolved all the issues. Part of the problem I think is that the PO hacked up the car in so many ways. I have been trying to reverse as many things as I find, but I also don't know what convertor is in it, etc. I did put the cam in, it has the same specs that I have used before with good results, but I'm just getting frustrated I guess.
Ya, that stinks not knowing what the PO did. Maybe he hacked up the ports in the heads too. That can kill some serious power. Whats the set-up? You probably already told us but... Exhaust can really slow things down too.

-
Back