Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Went to the drive in with the granddaughter for the last weekend of the season. Movies were Polar Express and Elf. I enjoyed the time with her and had a peppermint hot chocolate with a candy cane.
I bet she really enjoyed spending time with grandpa. Doesn't get any better than being with the grandkids. Something they'll remember

Nice and sunny but cold and windy.
We went out for a while and did some running around.
My wife picked up some Swiss Chalet for her supper tonight.
I don't eat it myself, causes an upset stomach. They use a seaweed brine and some people like me have a reaction to it. I'll cook up an Omelette for myself. Eggs, mushrooms, onion and cheese YUM
Went over to my neighbours and helped him change his truck tires over. Geez those things are heavy
Have a great evening

Nice and sunny but cold and windy.
We went out for a while and did some running around.
My wife picked up some Swiss Chalet for her supper tonight.
I don't eat it myself, causes an upset stomach. They use a seaweed brine and some people like me have a reaction to it. I'll cook up an Omelette for myself. Eggs, mushrooms, onion and cheese YUM
Went over to my neighbours and helped him change his truck tires over. Geez those things are heavy
Have a great evening
Not much going on around here was more of a screw off day.
I did manage to work on my Scamps chin spoiler a bit but no hurry.

My oldest girl and her husband took a trip to the Bahamas and here is there first day off the ship.

1577660570090937400.jpg

811722190863755837.jpg

I'm starting to feel more and more like retiring lately. Work has just become so much more of shitshow every damned day. Either that or change jobs completely. Our most recent hire has become a real drama queen in the last 2 or 3 weeks, and I am sure as hell not going to tolerate that bullshit. Little prick thinks he's somehow entitled.
Don't dwell on it. Work hard and don't compare yourself to others. Easy for me to say.

Don't dwell on it. Work hard and don't compare yourself to others. Easy for me to say.
The problem is that when one person starts screwing the pooch, someone else is forced to pick up the slack. I realize that even at 60 years old, my work ethic is much different from what most younger people have. I find myself routinely outworking 20 year olds, and that is not meant as a boast, it is far too often reality. My boss was on vacation this past week and it was obvious that the new guy was taking full advantage of the situation. I don't want to be a complainer, but I am extremely tired of finding that I have to do far more work just to ensure that everything gets done in a timely manner.
Maybe my expectations are just too high, but I will not continue to accept the childish behavior that he has been exhibiting for the last few weeks.

The problem is that when one person starts screwing the pooch, someone else is forced to pick up the slack. I realize that even at 60 years old, my work ethic is much different from what most younger people have. I find myself routinely outworking 20 year olds, and that is not meant as a boast, it is far too often reality. My boss was on vacation this past week and it was obvious that the new guy was taking full advantage of the situation. I don't want to be a complainer, but I am extremely tired of finding that I have to do far more work just to ensure that everything gets done in a timely manner.
Maybe my expectations are just too high, but I will not continue to accept the childish behavior that he has been exhibiting for the last few weeks.
My advice still stands. I have never left a job due to a fellow employee. Been fired twice. I blame the employer. If you are in the position to retire, that is great.

Kids around here are farm boys and don't really have a big problem dealing with snotty little city brats.

My advice still stands. I have never left a job due to a fellow employee. Been fired twice. I blame the employer. If you are in the position to retire, that is great.
Yea just stay clear of the troublemakers if you can is what I did.

Yea just stay clear of the troublemakers if you can is what I did.
Its got to be a hard road to hoe for employers these days. They really need to step up to the plate to keep good workers. The quality just keeps getting worse and worse. Cant afford to keep the good ones and the business just goes down the tubes. The old catch 22 syndrome.

Its got to be a hard road to hoe for employers these days. They really need to step up to the plate to keep good workers. The quality just keeps getting worse and worse. Cant afford to keep the good ones and the business just goes down the tubes. The old catch 22 syndrome.
Yep and remember when people would complain that the boss bought a nice new car or went on vacation or something.
Always told the complainers that when the boss can't do that anymore you best start looking for a new job.
But on the same notion I believe the boss should go work with his employees once in a while to know what's going on and not just file papers.

Yep and remember when people would complain that the boss bought a nice new car or went on vacation or something.
Always told the complainers that when the boss can't do that anymore you best start looking for a new job.
But on the same notion I believe the boss should go work with his employees once in a while to know what's going on and not just file papers.
My favorite employer would cook us lunch once a week or breakfast once in a while. He had a lounge where we could meet sometimes for no reason. Took us on trips, sent us on all inclusive training excursions, wives include. Annual bonuses based on business performance and could be a real dickhead. lol

I believe the boss should go work with his employees once in a while to know what's going on and not just file papers.
This is absolutely true, and I think a part of the problem, the new guy hangs out with the boss on "smoke breaks", which can frequently last 20 minutes or more. I have nothing against smokers, am a former smoker myself, but the work still needs to be done, and should be the priority. Further, I shouldn't be expected to do more simply because others smoke, that's what pisses me off the most.

My favorite employer would cook us lunch once a week or breakfast once in a while. He had a lounge where we could meet sometimes for no reason. Took us on trips, sent us on all inclusive training excursions, wives include. Annual bonuses based on business performance and could be a real dickhead. lol
I had a boss almost exactly like that.

The fun part is when the new guys either show up for work, and not have tools, and expect to use yours, or show up with low quality tools and not know how to use them.

I get chewed out for being a perfectionist.

The fun part is when the new guys either show up for work, and not have tools, and expect to use yours, or show up with low quality tools and not know how to use them.

I get chewed out for being a perfectionist.
I want to re enter the field just to experience the situation. I think I can afford a few months. Kind of a dick head move but might help some souls.

Morning guys.. I think we've all had a boss who is a dick but had some that were really nice.
When I was making carpet the President of the company would come down and roll up his sleeves and get right in there. He was a fabulous guy to say the least and liked a good joke as well.
Sadly he died of a brain tumour when very young

Morning guys.. I think we've all had a boss who is a dick but had some that were really nice.
When I was making carpet the President of the company would come down and roll up his sleeves and get right in there. He was a fabulous guy to say the least and liked a good joke as well.
Sadly he died of a brain tumour when very young
Couldn't like that, so a comment will service. Seems like the best of them are taken early, I finished concrete for 3 years, first week was training and I jumped right up near the veterans pay but not quite at age 16, beast boss man I ever had, I can see why his crew was alway happy and willing to get the work done, then I moved to sheet rock hanging and finishing, back breaking but good pay with yet again a great boss, no wonder I was good at my job, good trainers and directors, did that for 5 years, a bunch on the side :thumbsup:

Good morning everyone

Just joined another group. It's strictly 67-69 Barracuda's. Great site
Couldn't like that, so a comment will service. Seems like the best of them are taken early, I finished concrete for 3 years, first week was training and I jumped right up near the veterans pay but not quite at age 16, beast boss man I ever had, I can see why his crew was alway happy and willing to get the work done, then I moved to sheet rock hanging and finishing, back breaking but good pay with yet again a great boss, no wonder I was good at my job, good trainers and directors, did that for 5 years, a bunch on the side :thumbsup:

Good morning everyone
Morning Mike...sounds like you're in good tune this morning. Have a great day

-
Back