Late ‘70’s Chrysler Super Six cold air induction system

-

/sixchall

Reaction score
In need of some information on the late ‘70’s Chrysler factory Super Six cold air induction system. Consisting of the Super Six 2 bbl air cleaner and the 3 1/4” plastic induction tube, minus the metallic flexible connector hose. Trying to seek info on this set-up, I’ve google searched on this subject and have found nothing in its application or useage. Maybe I’m inputting wrong tag words. So I thought I’d ask the Slant6 community members if they know anything of this system. Appreciate any help here. Thanks, Al

4B0CB262-B9B5-4585-8072-9D38CCFA577C.png
642DE4A1-3898-483A-8A1E-35FF52F0AE3F.jpeg
3D28005A-BACA-4BA1-8744-EDBB68FDBD39.jpeg
B7E32ACB-0649-4B81-9031-F16391A06733.jpeg
826742A2-A3EC-42A4-9DFC-00800FE13267.jpeg
14A7EB0A-CDE9-4D89-9D28-8F68D567612E.jpeg
64DartGTinAZ........Thank you so much for the links on the Slant6 and the Super Six specifically. The information was gold, but nothing on the vintage Chrysler cold air induction. Was looking for increased reliability in driving and performance gains. Maybe some factory specs on their upgrade to an induction system. My ‘70 Challenger w/ Slant6 was treated by me to a Super Six set-up several years back along with Mopar Elect. Ign. and Hooker headers. I now have a 14x3” open element air cleaner w/ K&N filter. Was wondering about a change to a cold air induction system, w/ a factory system at that. I have the air cleaner and induction tube, I need the accordion style intake hose, to connect everything up. From the links offered, a picture of an obvious factory looking cold air set-up. Any advice here. Thanks, Al

Thanks again “64DartGTinAZ” I know the factory cold air set-up is out there. It’s almost starting to become a quest just for basic information. Another item I have to check on is a factory heat shield, but it’s for the single bbl carb. It’s made of a thin metal with a bakelight plastic top piece.
Thanks, Al

/sixchall, The photo in post #3 looks like the Aspen/Volare' engine bay. When I saw the black plastic tube in photo #3 that is the same item that went into the fender well of a 1980 Volare' that I had. You may luck out and find what you need at a local pic-a-part or check out the F,M&J Body web site.Some one may have a parts car.
Will it help ? Maybe but it sure can't hurt.I've shown this photo many times of my old Dart with a highly modified Slant. It made a difference for mine with $10 of pic-a-part parts. The plastic intake tube was from a Dodge Omni.

IMG_0434.jpg

Thanks for your input guys, I’ll keep searching. “Darter6” the engine bay on your old Dart really looks clean, thanks for the share. Al

Thanks, It was a ruff and dirty drag car. I sure had fun with it though.

I have the volare flexible piece...but why..
If you are looking for a bump in power....
For approx $130
Buy a new head gasket n mill the head .080

Joesnow is right. Also recurved dist., good tune, etc I have a 79 Volare with the super six, can't take pic because my hose from fender to air cleaner was in poor condition, and I removed it. I bet you would see no difference in performance. There is NO performance! Want to let in some air flip the lid over ! Or open element. Like said, mill the head for some compression.

AA1E3B0E-C73D-44B4-9CBA-9371750C5D1E.png
622182F4-BB14-4423-B2B9-0DC5F5C17C37.png
Thanks for the input and advice guys, I knew I could count on you. Well appreciated.here are picks of my engine bay. A share for “Darter6” and the rest. Thanks again, Al

-
Back