late 70s disk brake question

-

schwinger

1972 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Im wondering if the later disk brakes are 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern style, i have the small bolt pattern front disk brakes on my 72 dart and since i changed the rear end recently to a ford 8" (which i know im gona get alot of **** for doing that but it was a cheaper route:thumbrig:)and it has the 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern. I would like to have it the same all around and also would like to know if the later ones are a direct bolt on or do i have to change other components to make it work?.

yes the later ones are 5x 4 1/2 from 1973 and on til end of A bodies.
you will need later upper a frames from prev mentioned cars and you will need the lower ball joints from said cars. (for a bolt together fac setup). Dorf rearend is ok in my book for a lowbuck alternative.

would also like to add; you can use parts from a diplomat/granfury/fifth ave from the
1980's or aspen/volare parts. eg; the spindles, rotors and calipers

would also like to add; you can use parts from a diplomat/granfury/fifth ave from the
1980's or aspen/volare parts. eg; the spindles, rotors and calipers

On that setup do you have to change the upper a frame and ball joints or is it the same with the later a body disk brakes too?

And also are they 4 piston calipers or 2 piston calipers?

As mentioned you need the upper from a 73-76 A body car or modify your uppers with a large ball joint sleeve.

For the lower ball joints, use a 73-76 A body, Moog K781 & 783, with either the A or the FMJ set up. This is an FMJ set up going on a 70 Swinger.

brakeconversion.jpg

Ok thens, thanks for the info guys, when i get some more money im gona do the swap and sell the early disk brakes out of my dart.

-
Back