Latest Photos of the 7.4 earthquake from down under

-

67gtx

Reaction score
Friends from down under sent these photos of the 7.4 earthquake from last week.

Swingbridge.jpg

River.jpg

Quake10.jpg

Quake6.jpg

Quake5.jpg

Kaiapoirail.jpg

Friendshouse.jpg

Carpark.jpg

Man, that's insane. Was this recent? I haven't even heard of this happening, even though I NEVER watch the tv news, I'm online a lot and haven't seen anything. The one of the railroad tracks is kinda funny.

This is terrible :tongue9: I watch the news some and have not seen any word of it ether :pale:
I am with ya Lone Yankee Our thoughts and prayers go out to them
I thought that country was a big solid rock That look's bad for sure.
I hope our members jump in and give us an up date soon :clock:

That is crazy. I also never heard of this. Some of those pics are incredible. The one with the house that is coming apart and the crevice with the kid standing next to it. WOW

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of our good friends down in OZ. I hope you guys pull through this as well as you can.

-LY

It wasn't in Australia.....it was New Zealand.....land of the long white cloud.
New Zealand is south east of here ( Rockhampton, Qld ), by about 3 to 4,000km. They are on a fault line. The estimated damage has hit $2,000,000,000.....thats 2 billion. As yet, nobody has been killed yet....amazingly......been several after shocks....more like more quakes, cracking better than 5 on the Ricter scale.
I think this happened on the weekend just passed.

They're building codes are similar to ours that's why not many people were hurt. Take notice Haiti.
Here you go Lost Bushman.
"Sep 3, 2010 ... A strong earthquake rattled New Zealand at 4:35 am local time Saturday morning. The USGS posted a magnitude of 7.2"

That's a fatty quake man!! Insane pics, like a movie! I'm glad no one got hurt. My prayers are with you.

-
Back