launching issues.

-

71_dart_swinger

Reaction score
well i put a 2800 stall tci in my 71 swinger. it had 2.76 gears and believe it or not it left hard and i could feel the converter working. i installed an 8 3/4 w/ 3.55s and now i cant hook at all. as soon as i set the rpm's to 2000rpm the back tires break loose and start to burnout.and if i go from and idle i cant hook at all either. anyone tell me why im having issues on the launch???

With your old 2.76 gears it was harder to spin those tires. The new gears make it much easier.
First off what tires and size are you running? It may be time to step up to a stickier tire. You are probably going to have to make adjustments to your rear suspension also to compensate for those new gears.
To start try coming up to about 2500 rpm to launch and see what happens.
Remember for everything you tweek your gonna have to tweek something else to compensate.

yeah i have a 14 inch rim tires are like 24 inches tall 7 inches wide not to big lol i do need something a bit better but i cant even get rpm's to 2500 cuz as soon as tach hits 2000 it starts to spin them

Try reducing the air pressure a little bit. Do you have a line lock? Are you pumping the brakes up and then standing on them before launch?

An 8" wide x 26" tall tire would help also. Again are you pumping up the brakes and then standing on them before you bring up the rpms?

When I launch I pump up my brakes about 5 times and hold them hard before I bring up the revs. If I just pump them twice the tires break loose and the car moves forward before I want it to.

-
Back