Lawn Rollers

-

69valiant21

Reaction score
Looking for a lawn roller. Trying to decide on steel vs plastic. I see benefits to both, Im leaning towards steel at this point. Looking for others opinions and experiences. Thanks!

I am assuming you need to fill both water to get the weight needed ?.... I inherited one from my dad he made nearly 25 + years ago... from a metal cylinder and he filled it with cement and other metal objects .. works great ... and pretty easy to push and pull ..

Yes, water filled. Ill be pulling it with my rider. How much do you think it weighs? Sounds like its pretty heavy filled with cement.

YES .. real heavy.. but height is about 1.5 feet ... on flat ground ... not bad to pull by hand .. works well ..

plastic or steel...really does not matter..just used mine today..its plastic.. weight is weight.

Yes, water filled. Ill be pulling it with my rider. How much do you think it weighs?

I don't know if they say how many gallons of water they hold. I have one and have never calculated it.

Water weighs about 8 pounds a gallon, so you could do the math.

'bout 30 gals. Had a steel one for my sulky Gravley tractor.Filled with sand when I lived in PA. Great for mole mounds.

-
Back