Layoff

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
The boss told four of his employees, "We had a heavy loss last quarter, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to let one of you go."

The first, a black man, said, "I'm a protected minority, you can't fire me."

The second said, "And I'm a woman. You can't get rid of me."

The third, an old man, said, "And if you fire me, I'll hit you with an age discrimination suit so fast it'll make your head spin!"

All eyes turned to the young, white, male employee, who thought for a second before suggesting meekly, "I think I might be gay..."

Too bad you can't keep an employee just on the basis of being a good employee. This joke has so much truth in it. I have been in the position to get rid of one of the afore mentioned catagories, I wont say which one, but I had to go around so many issues it was unreal. Never mind the fact that the employee wasn't very good. Apparently not doing a good job that you are paid to do has any merit in these decisions anymore. Shoot that lawyers and lets get back to common sense! Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. ;-)

MR. BIG BLOCK said:
Too bad you can't keep an employee just on the basis of being a good employee. This joke has so much truth in it. I have been in the position to get rid of one of the afore mentioned catagories, I wont say which one, but I had to go around so many issues it was unreal. Never mind the fact that the employee wasn't very good. Apparently not doing a good job that you are paid to do has any merit in these decisions anymore. Shoot that lawyers and lets get back to common sense! Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. ;-)
10-4

nigcb7.jpg

Sherrif Bart Was A Bad *** Employee!!!

-
Back