LCA torque

-
I was a tire center supervisor for many years at a big national retailers tire shop. All vehicles were torque checked twice before being released to customers. We then requested that you return within 100 miles for is to re-torque the wheels. Mostly cars with aluminum wheels would actually need the re-torque. Anything over 100ft lbs or steel wheels and 99% they were fine.

Also, final assembly/torque should be done with the weight of the vehicle off of the wheels.

That's not a bad idea. She's so low to the ground and i don't have clearance for a cheater bar. Heck, my breaker bar is to long..

It’s how I start mine. I have a 1/2”, 20v DeWalt impact I use. It takes them most of the way to fully torqued, then I put the finishing touches on with a torque wrench.

In your case though it would be more than good enough to get it 9 miles down the road

It’s how I start mine. I have a 1/2”, 20v DeWalt impact I use. It takes them most of the way to fully torqued, then I put the finishing touches on with a torque wrench.

In your case though it would be more than good enough to get it 9 miles down the road
Cool deal

My wheels say “Do Not Use Impact“.

To do my UCA bolts, I jacked up the car with the wheel off til it just came off the jackstand and then torqued UCA and LCA bolts.

-
Back