Ld4b

-
Just run an adapter plate. Why screw up a good intake? All the adapter plate will do is move the power band up a couple hundred RPM..

And the seller's name is "gotcharightnow ". Hmmmmm. LOL

because then I will have clearance issues and more places for vacuum leaks. I would use a different intake before I used a cheesy adapter plate.

It was just an idea. Lots of people have won tons of races with "cheesy" adapter plates. there are some pretty nice ones out now. Some that are great insulators and actually make power.

Not a fan of them and my question wasnt about adapters, it was about porting the intake.

Ok man. whatever you say. I was just trying to help. There's a modified LD340 on Ebay right now. I am pretty sure the two intakes share the same carburetor flange, but not positive.

Ive ported the LD340s before, I know they can be done and I would use one but Id rather not have the port mismatch at the heads.

Ive ported the LD340s before, I know they can be done and I would use one but Id rather not have the port mismatch at the heads.

I didn't say use the LD340. I was talking about using it as a comparison to see if they have the same carb flange. I looked at both and it looks like they do. That WOULD answer your question. You're welcome.

Yes the look the same in pictures. I would prefer to hear from someone that has one of each or has ported a LD4B. Thank you very much.

Adam, to answer your question and since I have had one, I do not think it is possible.

-
Back