Leaf Replacement Parts List

-

75hang10

Reaction score
hey all -

I bought some 'new to me' leaf springs, but I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around a total list of parts that should be replaced/installed with the new leafs. They are a 5 leaf set up that were on a '68 'cuda restoration that never made it to the road. I'd like to do it right. To me that means safety and improving handling (poly graphite?).

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? My dart sport is a 75 w/ a 7.25 rear end. Do I need to replace EVERYTHING the springs touch? What do I need to get to install these? Thanks!

Parts List:
Leaf Springs
Shackles (P5249715?)

There really isn't much to them. New shackles at the rear, the springs should have new bushings at the front already installed if they were new but never driven on. I replaced all 4 u-bolts. it is a good time to see about replacing the rear shocks if needed since you will be right there. A compressor will make things easier if you have one or access to one. Took me & a buddy about 2 hours & we had never done them.

U bolts make sense... do I need to replace the nut/bolt in the fronts then? I just don't want to get into something and then have any surprises. I'm still pretty new and trying to teach myself on what I think will be the easy stuff. starting w/ oil, steering wheel adjustment, springs and then on to disc conversion.

I cleaned & reused all of the bolts & nuts except 1 that snapped. Just replaced it with a new bolt, lock washer & nut. They are really very easy to replace with minimal effort.

-
Back