Leaf spring rebuild

-

ike61

Reaction score
Howdy all. I have a set of leaf springs for my 76 swinger. They have a good arch to them compared to two other sets i have, so im just going to rebuild them. One is a 5 leaf and the other is four. Since i will have them apart, i figured i would add a leaf or two. Question is what should i do make them; six and six, five and six, ???. Mild 360 with od 4 speed. Thanks

Are they 44 year old springs? If they already have a good arch, why are you adding adding more leaves? New springs are not that much once you factor in your time of finding new leaves and messing with the old ones. They will still be 44 year old leaves even once you add another leaf.

What do you plan on doing... Drag racing, street fun, daily driver, car show?

Are they 44 year old springs? If they already have a good arch, why are you adding adding more leaves? New springs are not that much once you factor in your time of finding new leaves and messing with the old ones. They will still be 44 year old leaves even once you add another leaf.
Because the car was a slant, now a 360. They are 44 years old but havent been in use for probably half that.

If it was me I would keep both sides the same so car sits level.
My 67 dart has stock 6 leaf springs.

You might need longer thru bolt or u bolts

Because the car was a slant, now a 360. They are 44 years old but havent been in use for probably half that.
Lol! “They have not been used for probably 1/2 that?”
They have been holding up the same 3500 lbs for 44 years. Trust me- no such thing as “rebuilt springs.”

Lol! “They have not been used for probably 1/2 that?”
They have been holding up the same 3500 lbs for 44 years. Trust me- no such thing as “rebuilt springs.”
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. What constitutes "not being used"? Maybe if they've been hanging in the rafters for 4o+ years.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. What constitutes "not being used"? Maybe if they've been hanging in the rafters for 4o+ years.
How about the car not being driven for 20 years? How about them being off the car and in storage for 15 years?

But thanks dana67dart for giving me some helpful advice rather than making a stupid comment

How about the car not being driven for 20 years? How about them being off the car and in storage for 15 years?
Nice, how about including that in your original post, then your question doesn't sound stupid?

-
Back