Leaf spring shackle angle

-
Super stock springs (at least mine do) have two extra front half leaves on the passenger side, and one extra half leaf (or more) on the driver side.
Pass side supposed to be stiffer (physics-based) and will usually sit slightly higher than drivers side.
So yeah, I think you have em on the wrong sides.

DS. / PS. Looks the same no ??

IMG_1773.jpeg

IMG_1771.jpeg

I wouldn't change the shackle orientation. If ever needed, I believe it's possible to slide the shackle out without removing the frame mounted hanger. Front hanger nut is on the inside also. Frame gets in the way with the nut facing out.

I also recall seeing SS spring numbers stamped on the bottom leaf near the spring pad. Just behind I believe.

I thought the same but every pic I see has it the other way. I was told it’s easier to replace by taking the hangers with springs as an assembly. Hopefully others will have input and or pics.
Thanks

Where did the springs come from? You can order springs with extra arch, did you?

As stated earlier, springs will settle with time and use. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions until you drive the car some and see what happens. Even the difference from side to side may work out. Once the car is completely assembled and driven a few hundred miles, jack it up, loosen the shackle nuts, set it down and jounce the rear suspension and then tighten the nuts back up with ALL the weight on it. Those look like 6 leaf ESPO Springs - I see 6 leaves on both sides, front and back with no half leaves, right?

And you heard right it's a lot easier to just take the front brackets off with the springs

Got them from a restored 71 demon. The owner did a complete pro street 4 link set up a near by chassis shop so I picked up the springs with hangers and shock mounts u bolts tti exhaust system driveshaft torsion bars all pretty new. I installed on a 8 3/4 I picked up but didn’t loose the hangers from front eye and shackles just put in as was. And yes 6 leafs no half’s all looks equal lengths.
I’m thinking of loosening the ft eye pivot bolt and shackles bolts and re tight with weight of the car. I just got the rims and tires Friday and that’s when I noticed it was so high.
If they’re not ss springs why is it so high?

Also pass. Side has 3 1/2’’ and driver side has 4’’ to fender lip.
HELP! LOL.
Probably be better for you if you start your own thread. That way, all the discussion will be about your car and there'll be no confusion. That's the trouble when you highjack other peoples' threads. The answers can get crossed up and people don't know whose car is being discussed.

Last edited:
-
Back