Leaking Driveshaft...HELP!!!

-
Yes, clean the oil off of the yoke real well and plug the hole in the yoke with epoxy. (the stuff you mix)
I liked to get the outside first and then drip a little on the inside of the yoke hole also.
I always felt a lot better about a good seal if it had it on both sides.
Just be carfull to not get any on the splines (Or if you do, wipe it off before it sets)

I'l going to pick up some good epoxy from work tonight. I'll clean it up, epoxy it up, and then let it set up overnight. Once I do that and get it buttoned back up, I'll update everyone on the results! :thumblef:

Well, this is what I did to mine today. Starting leaving a small puddle after sitting a week or so. Tested it with brake cleaner and shure enough it dripped!
We'll see if this takes care of it, I'm too cheap to buy a new slip yoke unless this fails :)
20161006_0937151_zpswpprlri6.jpg

Well, this is what I did to mine today. Starting leaving a small puddle after sitting a week or so. Tested it with brake cleaner and shure enough it dripped!
We'll see if this takes care of it, I'm too cheap to buy a new slip yoke unless this fails :)
View attachment 1714977397

I have done it that way as well and never had a problem after.
The trick obviously is to get it nice and oil free before doing it. :D
The main reason I liked doing them on the inside of the yoke is because that is the side with the pressure on it when the driveline jumps forward.

-
Back