Leaking from the block!

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
went out to the car this morning to warm it up an it sounded a little funny. walked back over to it an looked under and im leaking coolant, bad! doesnt look like its from the radiator. anyone have an idea whats goin on? its comin from the front of the motor, doesnmt look like its the whole way down.

any help is greatly appreciated

went out to the car this morning to warm it up an it sounded a little funny. walked back over to it an looked under and im leaking coolant, bad! doesnt look like its from the radiator. anyone have an idea whats goin on? its comin from the front of the motor, doesnmt look like its the whole way down.

could be the head gasket, water pump, lower hose has a hole worn in it from the belt/or cracked... lots of options

:worthles:

Check all of the above suggestions but start with the pump.
See pic, this is where they start leaking.

Attachments

• 0pump.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 168
The block's busted. No doubt about it.

Oh don't worry the motor is just pissed off at you for the moment, it'll calm down.

Turned out it was the water pump. interesting side note: after replacving the pump, i drove all day no issues. then about an hour ago it was makin an odd sound, couldnt tell where from, but sounded like metal slapping metal. wasnt home so had to drive on it. next stop, that sound was gone but i heard a different, new rattle from the opposite side of the motor an a squeeky belt. still not home yet. got home an listened again...sounded fine except for a little squeek! but its no longer peeing so im good!

Piston slap? The belt noise is probably from getting coolant on it.

that would make sense, since today there was no squeek. pistone slap, i doubt. the sound i mentioned was coming from closer to the new pump. all above sounds have dissapated though, no worries here

that would make sense, since today there was no squeek. pistone slap, i doubt. the sound i mentioned was coming from closer to the new pump. all above sounds have dissapated though, no worries here

something self clearanced itself...

-
Back