Leaking Holley 1904

-

1971Kyle

Reaction score
I have a leak coming from a hole in the carburetor body when accelerating. The hole looks almost perfectly round and makes me think it was man-made rather then an fault in the carb. Is it supposed to be there and can I fix the leak or is the carb bad?

E9DD76E0-76EF-4AA1-9E16-00A1FC816B94.jpeg

That looks a lot more like a '64 or later Holley 1920 (one of the factory carbs used on Slant-6 engines from '62 to '73) than a 1904 (not factory-installed on any Chrysler Corp vehicle in the history of ever). The hole you're pointing to is the air breather for the back side of the accelerator pump diaphragm. Fuel leaking there when you accelerate means the pump diaphragm is torn or has a hole in it. Put a good quality kit in the carb. Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download.

That looks a lot more like a '64 or later Holley 1920 (one of the factory carbs used on Slant-6 engines from '62 to '73) than a 1904 (not factory-installed on any Chrysler Corp vehicle in the history of ever). The hole you're pointing to is the air breather for the back side of the accelerator pump diaphragm. Fuel leaking there when you accelerate means the pump diaphragm is torn or has a hole in it. Put a good quality kit in the carb. Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download.
Great thank you!

-
Back