Leaking Valve Cover Gaskets

-

1BadDodge71

FABO Rice Hater
Reaction score
Well,I was driving the Duster ,and just when I thought everything was fine and dandy,smoke came out of the hood.I pulled over quick(fire extenguisher in hand)popped the hood thankfully it was not on fire,but noticed oil was leaking from the valve covers and dripping on the hot headers.So I go to get new ones and blah,the still leak.Looks to be leaking from where the gasket mates to the valve covers.y valve covers are Edelbrocks,and they are not to tight,or loose or warped in any way.Would it be ok to lay a bead of sealant just to the surface of the valve cover?I dont want to seal where the gasket mates to the head incase I need to remove the valve covers.

thats what I do put a bead on valve covers set them on somthing flat for an hour or so then I put a thin layer of greas on the gasket (head side) that way I know it wont stik and I snug them down with a nut driver..just trying to help...Artie

Moroso blue valvecover gaskets are the best i've used,just put them on and your good, nothing else needed to make them seal..

Are they chrome covers?If they are you need to scuff the gasket area with some 80 grit sand paper. I always use gasket sealer on the valve cover side of the gasket.

-
Back