Leaky bypass pipe

-

InRogue

Reaction score
Before you start the jabs I'm quite aware. So I replaced the Streetmaster intake with an off shore air gap on my 318, all went well and it works nice but the pipe plug on the by pass is a bit too close to the water jacket. I don't know if it's the thread and pipe dope I used or the hose and clamp not getting far enough into the corner that causes it to weep. What do you use on the threads, locktite? I'm thinking of die grinding a little away from the port wall to get more wiggle room. Thoughts

20221016_143227.jpg

20221016_143213.jpg

It might be the right size based on the other photo you posted but perhaps a 1 inch longer fitting would allow for a propper seal

It might be the right size based on the other photo you posted but perhaps a 1 inch longer fitting would allow for a propper seal

20221016_153644.jpg
I believe your right Dana, I ended having a nipple in my stash so I'll give it a try. It's the simple things...Thanks

I would opt for a real nipple that is the right length. That one looks home made and there is no barb at the end to prevent the hose from slipping off

-
Back